They are the neighbors and friends of Drake Mallard/Darkwing Duck. They are happy and truly good-natured (and slow-witted) people who drive Drake Mallard crazy. They are unaware that their older son Tank is a bully, and are overly protective of their younger son Honker. Their favorite activities include backyard barbecue with friends and neighbors, and watching the sitcom Pelican's Island on TV. Herb is a door-to-door salesman, and Binkie is an exaggerated yet beautiful stereotype of a housewife and mother.
- Herb and Binkie Muddlefoot are based on Ward and June Cleaver (from Leave it to Beaver).
- Herb is a salesman of "Quackerware," a parody of Tupperware.
- Herb's favorite show is Pelican's Island, a parody of Gilligan's Island.
- Herb and Binkie first appeared in episode 5 "Night of the Living Spud".
- Their Negaverse counterparts in "Life, the Negaverse, and Everything" are dressed as bikers, wearing leather and chains, and have aggressive, foul-tempered, violent attitudes.
- In "A Star is Scorned", Herb and Binkie are shown to be actors who have to play out of character roles as ruthless business tycoons-due to a hidden clause in their acting contracts that "The Studio is always Right."
- In "Quack of Ages", Herb and Binkie's ancestors were King and Queen of St. Canard.
- In "Hot Spells", the Devil tortures Darkwing Duck into insanity by forcing D.W. to watch Pelican's Island with the Muddlefoots.
- In "Inside Binkie's Brain", Binkie Muddlefoot gets hit on the head by a bowling ball, her inner "little hero" escapes and causes her to become the Canardian Guardian. Her endless quest for safety endangers the life of Darkwing as he tries once again to capture Megavolt.
- Herb's voice is supplied by Jim Cummings doing an impersonation of Andy Devine.