Hephaestus is the Olympian God of the forge. As the God of blacksmiths, he can create almost any weapon imaginable, he is also the creator of Zeus's thunderbolts. Hephaestus is the son of Hera. He was captured by the Titans during the war against them and Hades but he was released by Hercules.
In the film, he has a very minor role in which he only appears in minor cameos.
In the beginning of the film, he is present for the party celebrating the arrival of Zeus and Hera's newborn child Hercules. Hephaestus along with the other gods was sent to find Hercules, but it was too late as the baby had already been turned into a mortal and was adopted by a mortal family. Eighteen years later, he is seen imprisoned with the other gods after they lost against Hades and the Titans. Luckily he and the other gods are freed by Hercules.
Hercules (animated series)
Hephaestus possesses the natural powers an abilities of an Olympian god such as:
- Immortality: Hephaestus, like all of the Olympian Gods, has universal immunity from death
- Omnipresence: Hephaestus, Like all of the Olympians Gods, is able to be passively present everywhere
- Superhuman strength: Hephaestus, like most if not all Olympian level of physical strength that far surpasses the physical strength of typical mortal.
- Limited Magic: Even though Hephaestus has not been seen displaying vast amount of magic, he has shown to possess the common magical abilities of an Olympian god such as Teleportation and shapeshifting.
As the god of the Forge, he is a skilled blacksmith: Hephaestus is able to forge powerful and magical weapons such as Zeus' Thunderbolts and Armageddon Bow.
- He is voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson.
Hercules | Hercules (official soundtrack) | Video game | TV series (Aladdin crossover) | Kingdom Hearts | Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories | Kingdom Hearts II | Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days | Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep | Kingdom Hearts coded
Characters: Hercules | Hades | Pegasus | Philoctetes | Megara | Pain and Panic | Fates | Muses | Zeus | Hera | Hermes | Hephaestus | Athena | Ares | Poseidon | Aphrodite | Demeter | Artemis | Apollo | Dionysus | Titans | Cerberus | Hydra | Nessus | Nymphs | Amphytryon and Alcmene | Icarus | Cassandra | Adonis | Tempest | Triton | Galatea | Pandora | Medusa | Echidna | Echidna's Children | Hecate | Nemesis | Mr. Parentheses | Homer | Fear and Terror | Minor characters | Minor Gods | Minor villains