Hans Brinker or the Silver Skates is a 1962 telefilm produced by Walt Disney Productions. It was originally broadcast on NBC as a two-part episode on Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color on January 7, and January 14, 1962. It was released theatrically in 1964. The telefilm was directed by Norman Foster.
In 1860s Holland, a young boy named Hans Brinker (Rony Zeaner) attempts to care for his financially burdened family. He sets off to Amsterdam to get a job after his father (Erik Strandmark) suffers a crippling accident. Hans decides to enter the local ice skating race to win the prize money, but he faces an intimidating rival (Lennart Klefbom).
- Rony Zeaner - Hans Brinker
- Carin Rossby - Gretel Brinker
- Gunilla Jelf - Hilda Van Gleck
- Erik Strandmark - Raff Brinker
- Inga Landgré - Metje Brinker
- Lennart Klefbom - Ludwig Schimmel
- Claes-Håkan Westergren - Peter Bouman
- Gunnar Sjöberg - Dr. Boekman
- Lauritz Falk - Kaps Bouman
- Alf Kjellin - Frans Ruisdael