- Cruz Ramirez: "Hamilton, track Mr. McQueen's speed and report it."
- —Cruz Ramirez getting a voice command from Hamilton
Role in the film
Cruz Ramirez occasionally uses Hamilton as her voice command assistant. When Lightning McQueen refuses to test his speed on a treadmill, Cruz suggests using Hamilton to track McQueen's speed on the beach near the Rust-eze Racing Center, since McQueen's new suit can transmit his pace to Hamilton. McQueen agrees anyway, though after Cruz's many failed attempts trying to keep up with McQueen so that Hamilton is in range, McQueen's top speed is eventually reported by Hamilton to be the same as before.
When Cruz is on her way back to the RRC from the Florida International Super Speedway, she gets a notification from Hamilton saying that McQueen wants her back at the circuit. Later, as she competes in the second half of the Florida 500, Cruz uses Hamilton to annoy Jackson Storm while he is leading.
- Hamilton is the second character in the Cars franchise to be voiced by Lewis Hamilton, after he voiced a car named after him in Cars 2. Interestingly, in a few international versions of Cars 3, Hamilton is voiced by people who have competed alongside Lewis Hamilton in the 2017 Formula One season.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Davies, Megan (March 9, 2017). "Cars 3 reveals new details about Kerry Washington, Nathan Fillion and Lewis Hamilton's characters".. digitalspy.com. Retrieved on March 10, 2017.
- ↑ Channel 4 F1 coverage of the 2017 Russian Grand Prix.
- ↑ Lewis Hamilton (May 25, 2017). "Lewis Hamilton on Twitter: Excited to be back working with Pixar on Cars 3! The film is action packed and mega. I can't wait for you to see it guys! #Cars3 @Disney_UK".. Twitter. Retrieved on May 25, 2017.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Wood, Ryan (14 July 2017). "Disney Pixar teams up with Formula 1 to launch Cars 3".. Retrieved on 16 July 2017.