The Black Cauldron
Gwyhaints are minor villains in The Black Cauldron. They serve as the Horned Kings minions and dragons. He sends them on missions to find for whatever he is looking . They manage to find Hen Wen when Taran acciedentally let her escape in the woods. Taran sees the gwythaints and tries to help hen Wen fand fight the gwythaints. However, because they are powerful,, one of them, hurts Tarans with it's claws They capture Hen Wen the pig and take her back to the castle.
They are laters seen celebrating the capture of Hen Wen. along with Creeper, and theother henchmen. One of the henchmen gives the two gwythaints a a bone toeat. they all have fn until eerie noise occur. electricity fills the very front of the room. The Horned King appears.
Later, when Taran and Hen Wen try to escape, Creeper, the henchmen and even the gwythaints try (without being ordered) to give chase. the gwythaints , who break ree of their chains tries to the wall give chase. however the gwythaints, who are not free from the chains the block on wall is connected to chains,. So, they fall down., forcing the henchmen to give up chase for a few seconds. Creepr and the henchman capture taran but not the pig who escapes in a moat. The gwythaints chained up to the wall, off-screen,
They are later sent to follow Taran to find the Black Cauldron. they succeed. They are chained up again. One of them is killed when the Horned King's castle is destroyed and the other gwythaints is saved by creeper, off-screen . The gwythaint escapes with Creeper, laughing madly that the Horned is dead and that he cannot punish him, riding on his back and flies away.
- For more pictures and screenshots of Gwythaints, click here.
- Their design is exactly the Wyverns design. (A wyvern is a type of dragon-like creature sporting two wings and two legs (as opposed to four legs and two wings like a typical Western dragon), much like a pterosaur)
- Unlike Creeper and the other minions, the dragons seem to love and respect the Horned King.
- They have appeared in Numerous Occasions in House of Mouse.
- They are as Raspacious as their master.
- In the original book series by Lloyd Alexander, Chronicles of Prydain the Gwythaints are giant bird-like creatures that are in no way reptilian as they are portrayed in the movie.
- The Gwythaints' roars are actually the trumpeting of an elephant.
House of Mouse
|The Black Cauldron|
Characters: Taran | Princess Eilonwy | Fflewddur Fflam | Gurgi | Dallben | Hen Wen | Cat | Dallben's farm animals | Horned King | Creeper | Cauldron Born | Horned King's guards | Gwythaints | King Eidilleg | Doli | Fair Folk | Orddu, Orwen, and Orgoch | Arawn
Objects: Black Cauldron