Grand Canyonscope is a Donald Duck animated short that was released on December 23, 1954.
The Ranger takes a tour group on a guided tour of the Grand Canyon. However, Donald is in the group and gets into a tussle with Louie to environmentally disastrous results.
- The ranger breaks the fourth wall when he tells the crowd, "Spread out there, folks; this is CinemaScope." (The pan-and-scan version of the short instead has his line redubbed as "Spread out there, folks; this is a big canyon.", since the original line wouldn't make sense in a non-widescreen format).
- The CinemaScope version of this short is the first Donald short to use stereophonic sound, and also the second Disney short overall to utilize such a feature (the first being Toot, Whistle, Plunk and Boom, which was released a year earlier).
- The reason Louie the Mountain Lion puts on a gray Confederate hat is because the Arizona territory was pro-Confederate during the American Civil War.
- Donald's Quack Attack, episode #61
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
- Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald, Volume Four