Grand Canyonscope is a Donald Duck animated short that was released on December 23, 1954.
The Ranger takes a tour group on a guided tour of the Grand Canyon. However, Donald is in the group and gets into a tussle with Louie to environmentally disastrous results.
- Donald Duck (voiced by Clarence Nash)
- J. Audubon Woodlore (voiced by Bill Thompson)
- Louie the Mountain Lion (voiced by Mel Blanc)
- The ranger breaks the fourth wall when he tells the crowd, "Spread out there, folks; this is CinemaScope." (The pan-and-scan version of the short instead has his line re-dubbed as "Spread out there, folks; this is a big canyon," since the original line wouldn't make sense in a non-widescreen format.)
- This short is the first one featuring a recurring character to use three-track stereophonic sound; as of today, this feature has only been replicated on both of its home video releases as a plain two-channel soundtrack. This is mostly relevant during the echo scene, where Donald's echoes are heard as coming from and into different directions.
- The reason Louie puts on a gray Confederate hat is because the Arizona territory was pro-Confederate during the American Civil War.
- Donald's Quack Attack, episode #61
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
- Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald, Volume Four