Good Scouts is a Donald Duck cartoon. It is one of the cartoons where Huey, Dewey, and Louie appear as the Junior Woodchuks.
Donald acts as scoutmaster for his three nephews for a nature hike through the wilderness.
- This short was nominated for an Academy Award, alongside other Disney cartoons Brave Little Tailor and Mother Goose Goes Hollywood. All three lost to another Disney short, Ferdinand the Bull.
- The original title card to this short originally looked like this. For unknown reasons, it was replaced with a more generic card in reissues, making it one of the handful of cartoons to have suffered this situation (others include Symphony Hour, How to Play Football, and Rugged Bear).
- Disneyland, episode #2.18: "A Day in the Life of Donald Duck"
- Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color, episode #8.11: "Kids is Kids"
- Good Morning, Mickey, episode #69
- Donald's Quack Attack, episode #61
- The Ink and Paint Club, episode #1.20: "Huey, Dewey, and Louie"
- Have a Laugh!, episode #59
- Treasures from the Disney Vault, March 16, 2017
- Kids is Kids Starring Donald Duck (VHS)
- Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald (DVD)
- Walt Disney's Classic Cartoon Favorites: Extreme Adventure Fun (DVD)
Have a Laugh! changes
The following scenes were deleted from the short version due to time constraints:
- The opening shot of the Devil's Stewpot and the majority of Donald and the nephews' march; it opens with an establishing shot of the march.
- The entire wood-chopping scene, in which Donald attempts to cut down a petrified tree.
- Donald tying a huge knot in the rope tied to the treetop.
- The closeup of the knot in the rope coming undone.
- The nephews taking cover as Donald crashes into the food.
- Donald muttering, covered in food, "That's gratitude for you."
- Donald saying about the nephews, "I'll make them sorry," when deciding to fake being wounded and using catsup as blood.
- The nephews saying about Donald's condition, "Oh, poor Uncle Donald!"
- Donald laughing that the nephews have fallen for his injury ruse.
- The establishing shot of the bear is moved up to before a bandaged Donald gets his beak stuck in a jar of honey.
- The bear licking the honey off of Donald is shortened.
- Donald running from the bear is shortened.
- Donald starting to fall down the cliff.
- Donald dangling from the end of the bandages by the bear and the nephews cutting it with an axe.
- Donald razzing the bear before realizing, too late, he has landed on Old Reliable Geyser when it is about to erupt at 12:00.
- The nephews attempting to save Donald from the geyser with a long pole and then with small rocks.