Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Goliath I is Goliath II's father. He dislikes his son because he has a diminutive size. However, when his son wins a fight against a mouse, he underestimates his son and allows him to ride on his head.
- Goliath I was a character whose design inspired people to create another elephant character exactly like him named Colonel Hathi in The Jungle Book (who was also voiced by J. Pat O'Malley).
- Goliath I was named after Goliath, the giant Philistine warrior defeated by the young David, the future king of Israel, in Bible's Books of Samuel (1 Samuel 17).
- Goliath I only spoke once in the short; his only lines of dialogue were: "MOUSE!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!"
- Like Hathi, Goliath I appears to be the leader of his herd, but in real life, elephant herds are led by a dominant female called a matriarch. The only time an elephant herd was ever seen being correctly led by a female, like in real life, was in Dumbo. Although Mrs. Goliath may in fact be the real leader of the herd, considering her and Goliath I's relationship.
- At the end of the short, Goliath I makes his son the new leader of his herd and lets Goliath II ride on his head while his father fans him with a leaf held by his trunk. However, when we see Goliath I and his herd approaching the camera one last time, Goliath I's trunk is down, and Goliath II is nowhere to be seen.