"Girl Meets World" is the pilot episode of Girl Meets World. It first aired on June 27, 2014. This is the first episode filmed of season 1.
- Rowan Blanchard as Riley Matthews
- Ben Savage as Cory Matthews
- Peyton Meyer as Lucas Friar
- Sabrina Carpenter as Maya Hart
- August Maturo as Auggie Matthews
- Danielle Fishel as Topanga Matthews
- William Daniels as George Feeny
- Jackée Harry as Evelyn Rand
- Kurt Collins as Dweezil
- Dominique Davis as Gretchen
- Aria Pullman-Ostrander as Model 2
- The original pilot was filmed from March 20, 2013 to March 22, 2013, but the new pilot began filming on November 11, 2013.
- According to creator Michael Jacobs, a set designer put a small rectangle blackboard on the chalk holder of Cory's large classroom blackboard with two words on it: "Do good." This is a reference from Boy Meets World's final episode, "Brave New World," in which Mr. Feeny told Cory, Topanga, Shawn Hunter, and [[Eric Matthews to "do good" before they left for New York.
- In the June 27th airing, the two lines of dialogue spoken as Riley and Maya as they were sneaking out the window in the first scene were erased from original airing on the WatchDisneyChannel App.
- The Matthews live in Apartment 26 of their building.
- Cory lies when he tells Lucas that he had never been to Texas, as he and Eric took a two month road trip across the 48 contiguous US states in the summer of 1996.
- At the end (in the beginning of the last scene), Riley is wearing high heels. After Cory gives her the subway pass, she is wearing boots.
- Cory had seen an imaginary Mr. Feeny before in BMW's "I Dream of Feeny."
- At the end of the episode, Mr. Feeny (Cory's principal in Boy Meets World, as well as the person responsible for the last words of Boy Meets world, "Brave New World") says, "Well done Mr. Matthews" referring to how great Cory's doing as a father, as well as a reference to Boy Meets world.