|This article is about an upcoming project, product, or production.|
Giants is an upcoming computer-animated comedy film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. Nathan Greno (Tangled) is working on Giants, a computer-animated film, loosely based on a fairy tale, Jack and the Beanstalk. The film is expected to be released in 2018. This will be the 57th animated feature in the Disney Animated Canon.
The story revolves around the Protagonist Jack, who fell in love with a higher merchant class, Angelina. However, Marco, a noble who loved to travel (based on Marco Polo), was part of the love triangle. They also met Inma, a tomboy teenage girl who fought for justice, but was never taken seriously due to her age.
The humans made a pact with a family of Thunder Giants: Feebus, Fifen, Fogel, Fobert, and their leader, Faustus. They were villains with a relatable point of view. The humans agreed to give the giants a percentage of their harvest and livestock, they'll prevent any danger that might befall the humans. However, as time passed, the giants seemed to forget their duties often, making the humans miserable and doubting the pact.
One day, Jack ended up befriending a giant, which started an adventure.
- This will be the second time "Jack and the Beanstalk" is adapted into a Disney Animated Canon film, making it the first ever fairy tale to be used more than once in the Disney Animated Canon, the first being the "Mickey and the Beanstalk" segment from Fun and Fancy Free.
- Tangled co-directors Nathan Greno and Byron Howard split up to each singly direct a feature, both due out in 2016.
- This may be another collaboration between Walt Disney Pictures and 20th Century Fox.
- ↑ Connelly, Brendon (August 21, 2013). "Exclusive: Lots Of Details Of Disney’s Unannounced Animated Movie, Giants". Retrieved on August 21, 2013.
- ↑ "Giants". Big Cartoon DataBase, January 12, 2014