Fred is the Australian Dragon. He first met Jake on Draco Island during the upcoming competition. He initially did not like Jake because he was the first "American" Dragon, thus making him the new Dragon in the order (a title Fred once held). As such, the two waged a prank war, and continuously made fools of each other in public. When it came time for Jake's final test, the Test of Courage in Flight, he chose Fred as his racing opponent (even though he was apparently very good at it). The two were neck and neck in the race, but suddenly, the Dark Dragon made his move, and although his intention was to get Jake, he instead caught Fred and used him as bait. Jake flew in after him and freed him after he was found, chained to a wall. The two dragons escaped, but Fred ended up winning the competition anyway. However, he did willingly admit to everyone that Jake had chosen to save him instead of just winning the race. He ultimately thanked Jake for his rescue, but declared a rematch for the next Dragon Summit, to which Jake gladly accepted.
He has orange horns on his head and orange stripes all over his body and tail. His claws are orange too. The mane on his back is orange, and the mane on his tail is yellow. Unlike most dragons, his wings resemble a large tuft of hair or fur instead of leather wings, but the same bone structure can be seen by looking at the shape of the curves of his wings. The entirety of the fur of his wings matches the orange of his horns and stripes. At the fold of his wing, he has a spike of fur.
- Dragon Summit (only appearance)
- Unlike other dragons, Fred's dragon form is not the same color as his clothes.
- He makes one appearance in Season 1 and never makes a reappearance.
- ↑ http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/tv-shows/American-Dragon-Jake-Long/Fred-Nerk/
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0943766/
- ↑ http://www.jeffgoode.com/tv/americandragon/dragons/frednerk.htm
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0388209/
- ↑ Dragon Summit