A separate soundtrack concept album titled, Frankenweenie Unleashed!: Music Inspired by the Motion Picture by various artists was also released on the same date. The packaging for Frankenweenie: Unleashed was distributed in a digipak CD format with phosphorescent cover art.
Each album was released by Walt Disney Records physically on CD and via digital download on various online platforms including the iTunes Store.
Frankenweenie Unleashed!: Music Inspired by the Motion Picture was released on September 25, 2012. It features tracks from and inspired by the Frankenweenie film.
Artists Grace Potter, Kerli, the Plain White T's, and Robert Smith will previously featured on Almost Alice, a similar compilation album consisting of tracks from and inspired by the Tim Burton film Alice in Wonderland by various artists.
Karen O was approached by the film's director Tim Burton with the intent of the singer writing a song especially for the film. The singer has said that her song, "Strange Love" was inspired by "the same era of B-movie fright film references sprinkled throughout the film. I went in the direction of exotica and calypso stylistically because it’s quirky, good vibes music of that era, and when you throw in a Theremin solo, it’s a marriage made in heaven. I remember Beetlejuice introducing me to the genius of Harry Belafonte’s calypso record, so I wanted to give a nod to that, too."
- Karen O — vocals
- Jaleel Bunton — guitar, ukulele, bass, tambourine, lap steel guitar
- Yusuke Yamamoto — vibraphone, percussion, piano, synthesizer
- J. G. Thirlwell — Keyboard, electronics
- "Electric Heart (Star Forever)"
- Neon Trees
- Tyler Glenn — vocals, keyboards
- Brandon Campbell — bass
- Christopher Allen — guitars
- Elaine Bradley — drums, backing vocals
- Justin Meldal-Johnsen — programming, keyboards
- "Polartropic (You Don't Understand Me)"
- Mark Foster — production
- Isom Innis — mixing
- Dan Monahan — production
- Augie Schmidt — production
- Joe Zook — mixing
- "With My Hands"
- Damian Taylor — production, mixing
- "Everybody's Got A Secret"
- Aaron Bruno — production
- Eric Stenman - engineering, mixing
- Kerli — leading and backing vocals
- Toby Gad — instruments, programming
- Jon Rezin — electric bass, vocal editing
- Josh Cumbee — string programming
- "My Mechanical Friend"
- Grace Potter — vocals, keyboards, machine noises, engineering
- The Flaming Lips
- Wayne Coyne — vocals,
- Steven Drozd — bass, drums, guitars
- Rich Costey — mixing
- Chris Kaysch — assisting
- Mack Hawkins — engineering
- Robert Smith — voice, instruments
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at Frankenweenie (soundtrack). The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|