Stitch becomes jealous of a new experiment when Lilo takes Finder to show-and-tell instead of Stitch. Meanwhile, Hämsterviel escapes from prison and travels to Earth, where he is "adopted" by Mertle. While the Grand Councilwoman offers to reinstate Gantu's position for the capture of Dr. Hämsterviel, Stitch strives to upstage Finder by finding him first. Mertle is captured by Gantu by accident and Stitch and Finder team up to rescue her, with Finder flying Stitch to Gantu's ship. Stitch disables Gantu's ship and Mertle is rescued, while the Grand Councilwoman takes Hämsterviel into custody but doesn't reinstate Gantu due to his kidnapping Mertle. Finder is put to work running a "Lost and Found" at the beach.
- Moral: Everybody is good at something.
- Finder is Experiment 158. However, in his debut, he is called 458, most likely due to Jumba's untidy database.
- In most scenes, Finder's butt seems to be drawn incorrectly.
- Finder's tail is missing when Lilo brings him for show-and-tell.
- Yuki is revealed to have a long-lost Uncle Jimbo.
- The scene where Stitch is playing poker with the other experiments is a likely homage to the famous Dogs Playing Poker series of paintings by Cassius Marcellus Coolidge.
- Nani reprimanded Lilo for gloating because she was clearly mimicking Mertle's attitude.
- This is one of five episodes where Gantu appears but makes no effort to catch the titular experiment, the other four being "Mrs. Hasagawa's Cats", "Ace", "Woops", and "Snafu".
- This episode shows that Gantu isn't really loyal to Hämsterviel or even likes him, as he was all too eager to bring Hämsterviel back to the Galactic Alliance in order to be reinstated as captain.
- Hämsterviel apparently has some respect for Mertle, as he offered her to come work for him after she completed her education, even claiming that she could do Gantu's job much better.
- Hämsterviel does in fact recruit Mertle in a later episode, albeit in an underhand manner.
- This episode marks the Grand Councilwoman's first and only appearance in The Series.
- Ironically, Gantu made the same mistake he made in the first film. By capturing Mertle along with Hämsterviel, he lost his chance to be reinstated, just like how capturing Lilo along with Stitch cost him his position in the first place when he was initially captain.