Five amazing film trailers that prove traditional 2D animation is thriving in Europe. This video features a quick glimpse of the content of this video followed by a short video essay introduction by Snouty Pig's very own Mola then an intro to each of the trailers for the following five movies:
1. The Suicide Shop or Le Magasin des Suicides (2012) Directed by Patrice Leconte
2. The Day of the Crows or Le Jour des Corneilles (2012) Directed by Jean-Christophe Dessaint
3. Ernest and Celestine or Ernest et Celestine (2012) Directed by Stephanie Aubier, Vincent Patar, and Bejamin Renner
4. The Painting or Le Tableau (2011) Directed by Jean-Francois Laguionie
5. Pinocchio (2012) Directed by Enzo D'Alo
Check out this article with details and info for each film (preview below):
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SnoutyPig
Follow us via our Twitter Pig (@thesnoutypig): https://twitter.com/thesnoutypig
Traditional, hand drawn animation, has been dying a slow death for some time and recently, Disney announced no 2D films are in production or are anticipated so it feels like another nail in the coffin but in reality European Cinema is keeping traditional, handrawn animation alive because all the best handrawn animation is coming from either European countries or Japan.
Apologies for the less than stellar video during the hand-puppet segment.