| ''What wouldst thou know, my Queen?''
The following article you are about to observe contains spoilers that have yet to be seen worldwide. Should you choose to continue, the secrets you will learn cannot be forgotten.
Evelyn Deavor is the main antagonist in Pixar's Incredibles 2. She is the brainchild behind Winston's company, as well as his business partner. She shares her villain title with her puppet, who unwillingly plays the masked villain in her plan to keep Supers illegal forever.
Evelyn's parents were big supporters of the Supers. So, when she and her brother inherited the company, they continued this support and decided to take it to the next level, kicking off a campaign to help the Supers' cause. Since the government shut down the program that helps supers, the time was right for the Deavors to step in.
Brilliant, but laid-back, Evelyn knows her way around tech. She has never met a problem she cannot solve.
Role in the film
When Helen is recruited to help the Deavor siblings bring back Supers, she and Evelyn become fast friends while exchanging ideas, creating strategies, and sharing a lot of laughs along the way. They form a sisterhood, and find they have a lot in common. They are both strong and smart. Evelyn does a cost-benefit analysis and finds that Helen tends to solve crimes with far less damage than Bob, which is why they choose Helen for the job.
Deep down, she hates supers and believes that the world and her family would be better off without them, which is why she secretly built hypnotic tech that would allow her to make sure that supers stay illegal, while falsely supporting her brother. Her hatred was triggered by the death of her parents as their support and faith in supers, in Evelyn's eyes, prevented them from defending themselves from the robbers that killed them while they were waiting for supers to save them.
- Evelyn's character model was not created until another super named Shellac, was cut from the film, which is presumed that she would have used some kind of resin coating to encase criminals.
- Evelyn is the first female Pixar main antagonist. She is also the second female hidden main antagonist.
- Her name is a pun on "evil endeavor".
- Screenslaver/Evelyn Deavor's gimmick of using hypnotic goggles to control people was previously employed in The Incredibles comic book series by the villain Mezmerella.
- ↑ "Incredibles 2 - Learn About the Incredibles Family Origins, the New Film's Plot & Many Fun Facts". Pixar Post. Retrieved on April 16, 2018.