When the Black Fairy finds she cannot crush Emma's heart, Henry rushes up to Emma and reveals that the Blue Fairy placed her family's songs inside her; it's what's giving her strength. Listening to the music on the tape player, Emma sings about her life. Now knowing how far her parents went to ensure her destiny, Emma sings that she is more powerful than the Black Fairy. However, the evil fairy shakes her head in denial, trying to kill Emma again, but has her hand repelled. With the power of her song strengthening her magic, Emma manages to free David, Mary Margaret, Hook, Regina, and Zelena from being frozen in time and scares off the Black Fairy.
Emma Swan: Once I lived in darkness
Out there on my own
Left to brave the world alone
Everything seemed hopeless
No chance to break free
Couldn't hear the song inside of me
Once upon a time
A song inspired them – be brave
They gave me up because my fate
Was as the one who'd save
The world from your dark magic
And the wicked things you do
They placed a song inside my heart
More powerful than you
All the years of running
No, not anymore
I know what I'm living for
I'm no longer searching
Turns out all along
The answer was inside me
With a song
- As shown in the flashback of Emma's childhood, she attempts to sing for a talent contest at school, but a mean girl in her foster home broke her spirit.
- Emma kept the brief recording she made back then, which was the very song inside her heart.
- Emma's magic grew stronger the more she sang.
- It also protects her from the Black Fairy's evil magic.
- It sums up Emma's life up till that point.