- “Talk about a low profile, he came in with the cargo payload. He's unit EG-86.”
- ―Sabine Wren
EG-86 is an GNK series power droid, or Gonk droid, who appeared in the Star Wars Rebels episode, "Blood Sisters". He works for the Rebel Alliance, specifically Bail Organa, acting as a spy for the rebels and gathering whatever Imperial information he can.
EG-86 is a rebel spy, using his appearance as a harmless Gonk droid to slip past Imperial security and gather vital information for the early members of the Rebel Alliance. Following one such spy mission, EG-86 was retrieved by rebel members Sabine Wren and Ezra Bridger, who were ordered by rebel leader, Bail Organa, to bring him to the planet Alderaan. However, the rebels were intercepted by a Manadalorian bounty hunter and former friend of Sabine, Ketsu Onyo, who attempted to kidnap EG-86 for her employers, the Black Sun. When the Empire eventually showed up, Ketsu helped the rebels escape, delivering EG-86 safely to Alderaan.
- EG-86 is the first Gonk droid to appear on Star Wars Rebels.
- EG-86 was not originally a Gonk droid when development for "Blood Sisters" began.
- EG-86 is the first Gonk droid in the Star Wars universe to have a featured role.
- ↑ Rebels Recon #2.07: Inside "Blood Sisters" | Star Wars Rebels //www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqqeQEENm18