The three other clans visited the castle to decide which suitor would marry Princess Merida.
Places of Interest
- The Great Hall: Where the raised thrones of Fergus, Elinor, Merida, and the Triplets are, where they dine at dinner, where speeches are given, and a large stone fireplace warms the entire room.
- The Tapestry Room: Where all the tapestries are made and held including The family tapestry which Merida slices between her and Elinors hands until she has to mend it back to break her mother's spell.
- The Kitchen: Where the meals are prepared for the castle and where the Triplets like to steal sweets from.
- Merida's Bedchamber: Where Merida sleeps.
- The King and Queen's Bedchambers: The bedroom where Fergus and Elinor sleep.
- Classrooms: Various rooms Elinor teaches Merida how to behave and act like a Princess.
- The Trophy Room: Where Fergus's trophies (stuffed animals) are kept.
- The Cellar: Where all the drinks and the King's private reserves are held.
- The Stables: Where Angus and the other horses are kept.
- In the opening Disney logo for Brave, they were going to replace the Disney Castle with the DunBroch Castle. But in the end, they decided to settle for the original Disney Castle.
- The Castle has been around for hundrads of years.
- Merida thinks the castle is the fairest place in the world, wiche it might be.