Donald and Pluto is the first Disney cartoon in which the characters Donald Duck and Pluto star together. Although the official headliner for this cartoon is Mickey Mouse, only Donald and Pluto appear in it. This cartoon also showcases the new design for Donald Duck, which includes a slimmer body, shorter neck, rounder feet, and a shorter bill. Donald is a plumber fixing pipes in the basement of a house, while Pluto happens to also be there trying to enjoy a juicy bone lunch. Although no house owner is ever revealed, it can be assumed that perhaps the pair are at Mickey's home. The cartoon revolves around a running magnet gag which causes mischief and mayhem for Pluto and Donald. This is the first Disney animated short film without Mickey Mouse outside of the Silly Symphonies as well as the first time since his debut in The Wise Little Hen that Donald Duck appears in a cartoon without Mickey Mouse.
Donald is a plumber dealing with Pluto and an unwieldy leak. The real fun comes when Pluto accidentally swallows one of Donald's tools - a magnet.
- The Walt Disney Christmas Show
- Mickey's Mouse Tracks, episode #68
- The Ink and Paint Club, episode #1.36: "Classic Donald"
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: Donald Duck's First 50 Years (VHS)
- Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald (DVD)
- Pluto's Greatest Hits (VHS)