While speeding on the road, Donald Duck runs over a nail on a horseshoe causing it to pop his tire ("Good luck – BAH!" the duck gripes), necessitating its replacement with the car's heavily-patched spare. He encounters difficulty lifting the car with his jack, removing the damaged tire, and repairing it with another patch. The hilarious difficulty Donald has with changing his tire is caused mostly by his own anger and impatience. Unfortunately for him, after Donald miraculously succeeds in his task, all four tires immediately pop once he resumes driving (he rants out "Retreads!" and blows a fuse), but he continues his trip undaunted on four flats.
The short is a commentary on wartime rationing, and the rubber shortage during World War II.
- The Mickey Mouse Club, November 20, 1956
- The Mouse Factory, episode #2.17: "Automobiles"
- Good Morning, Mickey, episode #36
- The Ink and Paint Club, episode #1.56: "Wartime Disney"
- Have a Laugh!, episode #26
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: Limited Gold Editions: Donald (VHS)
- Delightfully Donald (VHS)
- Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald, Vol. 2 (DVD)
- Donald's Tire Trouble at Wikipedia