The following is a current listing of current events from The Walt Disney Company.
NOTE: All release dates are for the USA and are subject to change.
- Disney's theme parks in the USA, Disneyland and Walt Disney World, will have "Limited Time Magic" events through 2013.
Closures and Refurbishments
- Other than hoiday changeovers, none reported.
Disney California Adventure
- Disney has finished its' $1 billion, five-year capital improvement plan and expansion for Disney California Adventure.
- A new live show, titled "Mickey's Fly Girls Charter Airlines", has opened in Condor Flats, including the DLR's first use of the interactive Minnie Mouse used at Disney World.
Closures for Rerurbishments
- No new closings have been reported.
- The Disneyland Hotel has completed an extensive refurbishment. The three towers, “Marina”, “Sierra”, and “Bonita” have respectivly been renamed “Magic”, “Dream” and “Wonder”. A new suite, based on the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction and movie franchise, has also be added.
Walt Disney World
NOTE: For all hard ticket events, information is available on the Walt Disney World Resort’s web site. Tickets are available at WDW in advance or on the day of the event (costs for those dates are additional), by calling 1-407-W-DISNEY on online.
The Magic Kingdom
- The expansion of Fantasyland, called New Fantastyland, has officially opened. Attractions include:
- A new version of The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure, as well as a new grotto meet and greet area for the mermaid version of Disney's undersea princess;
- A Beauty and the Beast themed area, complete with the Be Our Guest restaraunt and Gaston's Tavern;
- A second Dumbo the Flying Elephant ride within a circus-themed section;
- Snow White's Scary Adventures closed on May 31st and is becoming a a new meet and greet attraction for the Princesses, and open this year;
- The Seven Dwarfs' Mine Coaster, which will be scheduled to open in 2014.
- Princess Merida, heroine of the new Disney-Pixar movie Brave, has taken over the graden alongside Cinderella Castle.
- You can now find Tinker Bell and her fairy friends at Adventure Land.
- The World Showcase Adventure recieved a makeover from Kim Possible to Phineas and Ferb's Agent P. The last day for the Kim Possible format was May 17th, with Agent P taking over with the soft opening on June 15th, and official debut eight days later.
- Test Track, now presented solely by Chevrolet, officially re-opened on December 6th (with a soft opening earlier that week) after a nearly eight-month makeover, with an all-new color scheme, "Sim-Car", Pre-Show, and merchandise
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- An interactive Phineas and Ferb meet and greet is now at DHS behind the MuppetVision theatre.
Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Other than the announcement of Avatar, no major news has been heard from.
ESPN's Wide World of Sports Complex
- Thanks to a agreement with HanesBrands, the facility's baseball stadium has been renamed “Champion Stadium”.
- The Atlanta Braves will return in 2013 for Spring Training.
- A new agreement with HP has renamed the main fieldhouse the HP Fieldhouse.
- Swampy the Alligator, star of Where's My Water?, will be a new greetable character at Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon.
- No news to report.
- No current news of other improvements have been reported.
Disneyland Resort Paris
- The park is celebrating its' 20th anniversary this year..
Tokyo Disney Resort
- The resort is celebrating their 30th anniversary next year.
Hong Kong Disneyland
Disney on Ice
Non-Theme Park Resorts
Disney Cruise Line