Maleficent's Council of Disney Villains or simply the Villains Council, are major antagonists in the popular Disney/Square Enix game, Kingdom Hearts. The group works together mostly behind the scenes as a secret society of sorts. They seek the power that Kingdom Hearts can grant them, wishing to use it for universal domination.
- Maleficent: The leader of the council and the one who brought the group together; her lust for power was used against her by Master Xehanort, who needed a backup plan for creating the X-blade if he was unable to move on his own. She supplies the villains with a ready supply of Heartless, and they in turn aid her in her plans by locating the Keyholes and any Princesses of Heart that are there. Her master plan ends with only her, Hades, and Riku left standing of the entire council. After facing Sora, she too met her demise.
- Jafar: Jafar is the one most concerned with carrying out Maleficent's orders. Jafar is inquisitive and spends most of the time at the meetings asking questions such as why the Heartless were drawn to a specific world. He uses his control of the Heartless to lay siege to Agrabah to locate the Keyhole and kidnap Jasmine, one of the seven Princesses of Heart. In the end, he is defeated by Sora, much to Hades's disgust. He was believed to be 2nd-in-command, until Kingdom Hearts II revealed that Pete is actually 2nd-in-command.
- Riku: The only non-Disney villain that is a part of the council and the last member to join. Her functions as an apprentice of sorts to Maleficent and travels to several worlds (such as Neverland and Monstro) to do Maleficent's bidding. While Maleficent claims that she sees him as a son of sorts, she is really using him for his ability to wield a keyblade. He is one of the two council members who outlived Maleficent.
- Hades: Hades seems to have mixed feelings about the group. While he considers himself a member, he prefers to work on his own and flat out tells Maleficent to stay out of his business. Maleficent warns him not to let his hatred and anger burn to fiercely or the darkness will consume him. Ironically, Hades is the only council member that isn't consumed by darkness and one of two council members who outlived Maleficent.
- Captain Hook: Hook, like Jafar, goes out of his way to help Maleficent's agenda by kidnapping Wendy (whom he believes to be a Princess of Heart), trying to steal the Keyblade for Riku, and lending his ship for the villains to use as a vessel. Despite being unaware of what exactly Maleficent's master plan is, he appears to know a little more of Maleficent's goals than the other villains. Unlike the other members of the group, Hook lacks any magical or darkness-enhanced abilites. After his loss to Sora, Hook can no longer control the Heartless and they unfortunately become attracted to the darkness his greed creates.
- Ursula: This wicked sea witch is the only female member other than Maleficent. She seems to be one of the lower ranking members. Out of all the villains, Usrula is the only one who uses aquatic Heartless; it is possible she's responsible for their creation. Unlike Jafar and Oogie, Ursula tends to keep her comments to herself unless she believes her suggestions may prove benifecial to the group, given she chose to stay quiet during the discusion about Clayton's darkness being the bait that lured the Heartless to Deep Jungle.
- Oogie Boogie: A villainous bag of bugs. Oogie has been shown to annoy the other Disney villains in some cutscenes, seen when he tells Captain Hook that "you're no prize yourself," after which Hook angrily tells him to shut up. He is also the most sassy of the group. Unlike the other members, Oogie lacks a heart (or simply because he lacks one the correct size); this lead to him swallowing Dr. Fineklstein's experimental heart to gain control of the Heartless. Unlike the others, Oogie lacks any real combat abilities, relying on traps instead.
- Pete: a former steamboat captain, who became a follower of Maleficent and a commander of her Heartless army. He is the co-founder of the council & Maleficent 2nd-in-command. In the first game, Maleficent held meetings at Hollow Bastion with the other Disney Villains, in which they would receive orders from her directly. However, in the second game, Maleficent seems to have been a lot busier, looking after important matters that happened after her death. As such, she was never able to hold direct meetings, although she seems to have had connections with the other villains like Scar and Barbossa. Instead, Pete served as a sort of emissary, delivering orders or possibly recruiting allies in the field. Noticably, Pete is the only member to be the main antagonist of one of the Kingdom Hearts game. (Kingdom Hearts II, though he shares this role with Xemnas)
- Others: there were also many other Disney Villains which didn't appear in any of the meetings in the first game. They appeared in the second game and they didn't state to have any connection with Maleficent but as they seem to control the Heartless and they ally with Pete, they were probably the unseen members from the first game like Pete. They include Scar and Captain Barbossa.
- Maleficent's Goons: Ugly creatures resembling humanoid boars and birds that are completely loyal to her. They the Forbidden Mountain, keeping intruders out of Maleficent's castle. Maleficent didn't take them with her when she destroyed her world, leaving them to perish with it until it was restored at the end of Kingdom Hearts.
- Diablo: Maleficent's pet raven, who acts as her eyes, ears, and messanger. Unlike her Goons, Maleficent cares very deeply about Diablo and doesn't mistreat him.
- Iago: Jafar's pet parrot, who can understand human speech and speak it fluently. Just as devious as his master, Iago serves as Jafar's eyes and ears when he's not around; he often spies on enemies. Despite the abuse he suffers, Iago remains loyal to Jafar until Kingdom Hearts II, where he switches sides to Aladdin.
- Pain and Panic: Two imps who serve Hades. Pain and Panic fear Hades losing his cool, so they are often jumpy when in meetings with him. Their only appearance so-far has been in Kingdom Hearts II. They have the power to shape-shift at will, but have not for fought Sora or any other heroes in the series, so far.
- Cerberus: Guardian of the Underworld. A three-headed dog with mouths full of sharp teeth, Cerberus loyally carries out his master's orders; he can also breathe fireballs and command dark smoke. Worn-down or at full strength, Cerberus is no match for the power of a Keyblade.
- Mr. Smee : Captain Hook's second-in-command of the Jolly Roger. Smee is block-headed as Hook is annoying, which means he's not that bright, but he sometimes has moments where he is smarter than his captain. He loyally serves Hook, obeying ever order, but is not above speaking his mind when he finds fault with Hook's plans.
- Flotsam and Jetsam: Two eels that serve Ursula. Similar to Iago, both serve Ursula mostly by serving as "cameras" (whatever their golden eyes see appears on Urusla's crystal ball) for spying on others. Unlike the other minions, Flotsam and Jetsam are treated well; Sora destroying them angers Ursula.
- Lock, Shock and Barrel: Three rotten pranksters living in Halloween Town. They serve Oogie Boogie out of fear of being made ingredients for his "snake and spider stew", yet respect how scary he can be. When it comes to teamwork, they are truly a dysfunctional group, often arguing over what to do and blaming Barrel for any ideas they had when they get caught. When it comes to combat, they are about as hard as low-level Heartless.
- Others: Minions commanded by the villains not seen attending meetings with Maleficent. Shenzi, Banzai and Ed are hyenas that serve Scar, while the Undead Pirates serve Barbossa.
- The three Disney villains in the series so far whose relations to the Heartless have nothing to do with Maleficent are Clayton, Shan Yu, and The Master Control Program.
- Pete is the only member to be the main antagonist of a Kingdom Hearts game as mentioned above.
- Pete, Captain Hook and Hades are the only members to not be killed in any of the games.