Disney Junior is a Canadian English-language specialty channel owned by Corus Entertainment. Launched on November 30, 2007 as Playhouse Disney, and May 6, 2011 as Disney Junior, it is a localized version of the US cable network Disney Junior, broadcasting animated programming aimed at children between the ages of 2 and 7.
A French-language version (now defunct), originally known as Playhouse Disney Télé, was launched on July 5, 2010. Unlike the English version, it operated under a separate Category B license. On May 6, 2011, the network was re-launched under Disney's new preschool television brand Disney Junior.
Following the sale of Astral Media to Bell Media, Disney Junior and its sister networks (including its French-language version, as well as Family and Disney XD) were divested to meet regulatory requirements surrounding the merger. On November 28, 2013, DHX Media announced it would acquire the four channels for $170 million, pending CRTC approval. On July 24, 2014, the CRTC approved DHX's purchase of the networks, and the deal was closed on July 31, 2014.
From September to November 2015, Disney Junior was temporarily replaced by Family Jr..
- Doc McStuffins
- Goldie & Bear
- Guess with Jess
- Handy Manny
- Henry Hugglemonster
- Imagination Movers
- Jake and the Never Land Pirates
- Jane and the Dragon
- The Lion Guard
- Little Einsteins
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
- Miles from Tomorrowland
- My Friend Rabbit
- PJ Masks
- Rolie Polie Olie
- Sheriff Callie's Wild West
- Sofia the First
- Special Agent Oso
- Willa's Wild Life
- ↑ "Broadcasting Decision 2006-98".. Retrieved on 29 November 2013.
- ↑ Disney/ABC Television Group Announces Disney Junior, a New 24-Hour Channel for Preschoolers and Their Families, The Futon Critic, May 26, 2010
- ↑ "DHX Media to buy Family, other children’s channels", Toronto Star (November 28, 2013). Retrieved on 29 November 2013.
- ↑ "DHX to acquire Family Channel, three others from Bell Media", The Globe and Mail (Toronto) (November 28, 2013). Retrieved on 29 November 2013.
- ↑ "DHX Media receives CRTC approval on $170M acquisition of Family Channel and three other children’s channels".. DHX Media (July 24, 2014). Retrieved on July 26, 2014.
- ↑ "DHX Media approved for Family Channel takeover". Kidscreen. Brunico Communications (July 24, 2014). Retrieved on July 26, 2014.
- ↑ "DHX Media closes Family Channel acquisition and announces management changes". (July 31, 2014). Retrieved on July 31, 2014.
- ↑ "Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2014-388".. CRTC. Retrieved on 27 July 2014.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 9.5 "Disney XD & Disney Junior to Roll Out in Canada Next Month". WorldScreen. Retrieved on 1 December 2015.
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at Disney Junior (English Canada). The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|