Disney Art Academy is a 2016 edutainment Disney-themed drawing video game in the Art Academy series, developed by Headstrong Games and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo 3DS handheld game console. Currently available in North America and Japan, it will be released in the European Union on July 15th and in Australia the next day. The game does not support the Nintendo 3DS's signature stereoscopic 3D effect.
The game was announced on the March 3rd Nintendo Direct.  On May 5th, 2016, an event was held at Nintendo's New York City store in which the press was invited to a sneak peek of the game ahead of its' North American release. Girl Meets World star Sabrina Carpenter showed a demonstration to the audience, sketching Olaf from Frozen. Nintendo's NYC store would later hold a family-friendly launch party that was open to the public on May 13th from 5 to 7pm, EST.
The player is taught how to draw various characters from Disney and Pixar films in various lessons. The game also utilizes the wireless communication function of the Nintendo 3DS by allowing players to send a demo of the game to each other.
- ↑ "Learn to draw dozens of Disney and Pixar characters in Disney Art Academy". Nintendo Retrieved on May 14, 2016.
- ↑ "3DS Getting Disney Art Academy, Release Date Announced". GameSpot Retrieved on May 29, 2016.
- ↑ http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160505006560/en/Nintendo-Hosts-Disney-Art-Academy-Preview-Event
- ↑ http://vgtidbits.com/2016/05/nintendony-hosts-disney-art-academy-launch-event/
- ↑ "Lessons - Disney Art Academy for Nintendo 3DS - Step-by-Step Drawing Tutorial". artacademy.nintendo.com. Retrieved on May 30, 2016.
- ↑ "Share Artwork - Disney Art Academy for Nintendo 3DS". artacademy.nintendo.com. Retrieved on May 30, 2016.
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at Disney Art Academy. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|