- “Everything smells more delicious when you're rich, even me!”
In the beginning of the film, Dijon works for Scrooge McDuck as a hired guide, but he is actually in service to his master, Merlock, who wants to reclaim the magic lamp stolen from him by Callie Baba. For much of the film, Dijon plays the role of comic-relief villain, with a running gag being the frequent loss of his pants.
Later in the film, Dijon obtains the lamp and becomes Gene the Genie's new master (on Gene's suggestion, as he doesn't want to be taken back to Merlock), then wishes for Scrooge's Money Bin to be in his possession. When Scrooge finds Dijon in the Money Bin and confronts him about Gene, Dijon summons guards to eject Scrooge from the premises. After Merlock puts the talisman on the lamp, he notices Dijon under the rug and wishes for Genie to turn the poor thief into a pig. He is later turned back to normal after Merlock's defeat.
In the end of the film, Dijon attempts to escape the Money Bin after filling his pants with gold coins. Scrooge spots him and chases Dijon into town, screaming "Somebody, stop those pants!"
Dijon later appeared in the DuckTales series. In Attack of the Metal Mites, Flintheart Glomgold hires Dijon to deliver gold-eating metal mites to Scrooge.
In the series' final episode, The Golden Goose, Dijon encounters Scrooge in a marketplace in India, but he ends up getting chased away by Scrooge and hides in a nearby temple. Inside, he meets with his brother Poupon, leader of the Brotherhood of the Golden Goose, and is put in charge of guarding the priceless relic. However, Dijon's greed gets the better of him and he steals the goose, triggering a chain of events that ultimately threatens to petrify the entire planet into gold. In the end, the crisis is averted and Dijon seems to have learned his lesson not to steal, but Scrooge ends up chasing him again when he learns that Dijon stole his watch.
- "Too many people, Merlock. Only one Dijon, but look what I did steal... several billfolds... dis handy pocket watch... floss... a date nut bar... and two tickets to the feta cheese festival. For you master. "
- "Maybe you do not want the floss?"
- "Is there a doctor in da pyramid?"
- "That reminds me, my mummy's expecting me. It's time for my nap."
- "Good morning, Scrooge sir."
- "At the urging of MY Genie, I have decided to seek my fortune."
- "That's right! I get the loot, you get the boot!"
- "Don't worry about Merlock. He would not dare to confront the great and powerful Dijon!... Anyway, I don't think he knows about me yet."
- "Whoever said money cannot buy peace of mind must have had the brain of a garbonzo bean."
- "Yes, yes! You will be more powerful than, than... locomotive! More faster than speeding bull! You will leap all buildings in a single town!"
- "What? What? I am not touching a thing! I am clean! Innocent like a little baby goat! Yes."