Darcy Lewis is Jane Foster's intern, a quirky but quick-thinking political science major who found herself in the middle of Earth's first contact with an alien civilization. And while she doesn't always understand everything that's happening around her, she doesn't hesitate to speak up about it. When Jane discovers an ancient cosmological event affecting the Earth, it's Darcy who has to pick up the slack when Jane disappears.
After Jane goes to Asgard, Darcy and Ian try to contact Selvig while she called him on the phone, Ian watches the news and finds out what happened to Erik, then she and Ian goes to the asylum to seek Erik. When Selvig sees Darcy he does not recognize but almost immediately he remembers her. During the Battle of Greenwich, Darcy kisses Ian for saving her life. Later, she was present when Thor returned to Earth.
Darcy Lewis is an emotional and impulsive girl, surrounded by scientists. Despite her obliviousness to science, she is generally the first to notice what's going on around her. She was the first to notice the 'anomaly', as well as the first to come to the realization that Thor fell out of it. She is also the first to piece together that although Thor may not be a God, it is completely plausible for primitive cultures to revere him as such, and articulates that to Dr. Selvig beautifully on Jane's behalf.
Dr. Selvig and Jane are somewhat less charitable in their regard for her, often telling her to be quiet or scoffing at her.
- Jane Foster - Friend and co-worker.
- Erik Selvig - Friend and colleague.
- Thor Odinson - Friend.
- Ian- love interest.
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (2 films)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (2 comics)
- Fury's Big Week
- Thor: The Dark World Prelude
Behind the scenes
- In early versions of the movie, Darcy was originally written as a male character.
- As a running gag, she mistakenly, yet repeatedly calls Mjolnir "myuh myuh", after she hears Thor talk about it in the first Thor film. She still has not been informed of the correct way to pronounce it.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Marvel Movies Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of Marvel Movies Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA Free Documentation License.|