From an early age, DJ (whose full name is Devon Montegomery Johnston III) was interested in all kinds of music. He had a voracious appetite for collecting records and was a gifted student at the nationally renowned East Coast Music Conservatory. One evening at a friend's party, Devon met a gentleman by the name of Wingo. An expert in paint and body modification, Wingo designed a custom paint job for Devon and a wicked sound system to match. Now going by the name DJ, Devon revels in his treble but never loses touch with his bass.
DJ is a member of the tuner cars. He has a built-in sound system. He and the other tuners were driving along the Interstate when they noticed a sleepy Mack. They decide to have fun with him, with DJ playing Kenny G's Songbird which easily causes Mack to go to sleep until Snot Rod's loud sneezing causes them to flee the scene. DJ later appears in the epilogue when he and the other tuners were caught by Sheriff and were impounded. They were later sent to pull Bessie in which some hot tar splashed on them.
- Vehicle Type: Reko-Do/Spinner
- Sports tweeters, woofers and subwoofers
- Roams the Interstate at night by terrifying cars and trucks as a cartoony form of road bullying
- Displays enough lights to illuminate a small town
- Believes his beat really can't be beat.
DJ appears in Cars Land, where he plays songs for the guests as part of hosting his daily dance activity, DJ's Dance n Drive and a meetable character for meet and greets in Disney California Adventure where Cars Land is located.
- DJ, as well as an impound version of him, has been released in the Cars Die-Cast Line.
- Originally, the die-cast toy of DJ incorrectly showed him with light blue stripes on his sides instead of the green ones he had in the film. This was actually corrected with later releases of that toy.
- DJ appears in the Cars Toons short, Tokyo Mater. He appears at the party after Mater wins the race.
- DJ appears as a playable character for the PS3 and XBOX360 Versions of Cars 2: The Video Game.
- DJ doesn't have a license plate.
- In the Italian version, he is voiced by Italian Formula One driver Jarno Trulli.
- He's a member of a road bullying gang called "The Deliquent Road Hazards" which involve tuner cars that pick on other cars in the film.
- DJ is seen on the folding deck attached to Mack's trailer for the Paint The Night parade that took place in May 2015 for Disneyland's 60th Anniversary AKA the Diamond Jubilee. He plays music for the guests during the late night event.