- Cruz may be on Jackson's side of the age gap, but she is on Lightning's side of the conflict. As a lifelong fan of McQueen, she is optimistic, sunny, fierce, and friendly — and now, she is his new, younger coach, coming to Lightning's aid with stars in her eyes when he shows up at the Rust-eze Racing Center.
To give Cruz a positive set of expressions and movement, the character riggers used 656 controls; 360 were for Cruz's body, and 296 were used for her face.
Cruz is painted yellow all over, with brown eyes, and contains the Rust-eze Racing Center logo just between her doors and front fenders.
Powers and Abilities
With a bodywork made of lightweight alloy, an aerodynamic venturi channeled chassis, and a High Performance DOHC V-6 engine, Cruz can go from zero to sixty miles per hour in 3.8 seconds, and can go up to 210 miles per hour. She has a voice command assistant called Hamilton.
Role in Cars 3
Initially, she is recruited by Lightning McQueen to help him train for the upcoming Florida 500 and defeat a rookie named Jackson Storm. After a series of unsuccessful attempts to train McQueen at the Rust-eze Racing Center, the two participate in a series of events including unwittingly entering and winning in demolition derby and training at Thomasville with Doc Hudson's former mentor, Smokey, she races in the Florida 500 herself as McQueen's replacement sporting his number, which she eventually wins jointly with McQueen. After the race, she politely turns down Sterling's offer to join the race team, possibly in retaliation for underestimating her skills and joins Dinoco's racing team sporting Doc Hudson's old number (51), with McQueen serving as her crew chief.
Cruz appears as one of the game's playable characters.
- Her face seems to look a little like Sally, but her body is shaped like McQueen.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Snetiker, Mark (January 5, 2017). "Cars 3 first look: Meet Pixar's new millennials". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved on January 5, 2017.
- ↑ "Getting Geeky With Lightning McQueen - 'Cars 3' Fun-Facts". Pixar Post (June 7, 2017). Retrieved on June 7, 2017.
- ↑ Davies, Megan (March 9, 2017). "Cars 3 reveals new details about Kerry Washington, Nathan Fillion and Lewis Hamilton's characters".. digitalspy.com. Retrieved on March 10, 2017.
- ↑ "Sneak peek: 'Cars 3' zooms ahead with new character Cruz Ramirez", USA Today (May 30, 2016). Retrieved on May 30, 2016.