- When it comes to traveling the ocean's currents, no one has as much fun as Crush. The 150-year-old sea turtle is young at heart with a laid-back surfer dude attitude that lets him go with the flow. But Crush is no drifter; he loves nothing more than the thrill of riding the rollicking East Australian Current (EAC) with his offspring. When Crush encounters Marlin and Dory, he's more than happy to help them find their way, provided they can hold on for the wildest ride of their lives.
Crush is a sea turtle who speaks in the manner of a surfer dude. He helps Marlin and Dory get to Sydney Harbour to rescue Nemo. His nickname for Marlin and Dory is "The Jellyman" and "Little Blue," respectively. After transporting Marlin and Dory on his shell to their destination and giving them the ride of their lives on the East Australian Current, Marlin asks Crush how old he his, and Crush replies, "150, dude, and still young!" Probably the best way to describe Crush is a surfer punk who loves and cares for his son, Squirt.'
Crush is set to return in the upcoming sequel Finding Dory.
Crush is an easy to find character in the Disney Parks, with his Turtle Talk with Crush show appearing at each resort Except Disneyland Paris. He also appears in Finding Nemo: The Musical, Crush's Coaster, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, and The Seas with Nemo & Friends as well as World of Color and Tokyo DisneySea's Fantasmic!.
He is also seen as a giant statue at Walt Disney World's Disney's Art of Animation Resort.
- Crush appears in his own talk show at The Seas with Nemo & Friends at Epcot, Disney's California Adventure and Tokyo DisneySea.
- He also appears as a mosaic during the end credits of WALL-E.
- In Toy Story 3, Crush appears as a sticker on Andy's door.
- He appeared on the PBS Kids Go! show, FETCH! with Ruff Ruffman, in the season 5 episode "The Ol' Shell Game." In that episode, it is Crush's birthday, so Ruff gives him a call. During that call, Crush tells Ruff about trouble happening with turtles, so Ruff sends Marco and Shreya to learn about sea turtles. At the end of the episode, Crush thanks them for helping the sea turtles, and says that it was the best birthday present ever.
- Based on the fact that Crush's father is named Mr. Turtle, this would make Crush's full name Crush Turtle, or C. Turtle (sea turtle) for short.
- It is implied that Crush's (and to a lesser extent, Squirt's and the other turtles') home is actually Hawaii, and he and the other turtles are using the EAC to return there.
- According to the Guinness Book of World Records, sea turtles can actually live up to 152 years. This contradicts what Crush said about still being young at age 150.
- Crush makes a cameo appearance in the Pixar short Lava.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Pixar Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of the Pixar Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA license.|