Cory Matthews is the father of Riley Matthews and Auggie Matthews, and the husband of Topanga Matthews. He is the seventh grade history teacher at Riley's school, and is also Riley and Maya's history teacher.
- Cory has a great dislike of wool. The reasons given for this vary; he says once that he has an allergy for it, but later just complains that it chafes.
- Cory's favorite ice cream flavor is vanilla.
- Cory cannot spell his best friend Shawn's name.
- Cornelius happens to be his real name though nicknamed Cory. It has been stated that even Topanga does not know this, and Shawn is assumed to not know this either.
- Cory is a hypochondriac.
- There are a few comparisons between Mr. Williams and Cory and Mr. Turner and Shawn, respectively. For example, in The Pink Flamingo Kid, it is shown that both Cory and Mr. Williams cannot sweep their hands through their hair, and in My Best Friend's Girl, Shawn asked Cory's girl (Topanga) out just like Mr. Turner apparently did to Mr. Williams as well.
- Cory loves Backgammon; he even calls it his middle name.
- Cory temporarily used alcohol to cope with his break-up with Topanga in Season 5.
- Cory is very insecure about his curly brown hair. This is pointed out in at least 4 different episodes, notably Cory's Alternative Friends (where he tries to straighten it, but fails miserably), Pairing Off (where he is jealous of Shawn's hair, since stroking it attracts girls to him), The Pink Flamingo Kid (where Shawn brags to Cory about his hair, angering Mr. Williams as mentioned above), and Hair Today, Goon Tomorrow (where Cory, still insecure about his hair, requires Topanga's help to realize it's not a big deal).
- He is left handed.
- Cory once appeared in an episode of Maybe This Time, another show by Michael Jacobs, (to watch, click here) in which, while listening to Shawn's trepidations over setting both the gym and cafeteria of Adams High ablaze, the pair meta-interacted with the main young female lead, Gracie, across her television set. Later, they are called back to their own show by the voice of Mr. Feeny ("How does he always find us?").
- Due to being the middle child, he is often ignored by his family.
- Cory was the only person not to live in the apartment Jack bought in season 5.