Darkwing objects strongly when he finds that the Awesome Comic Book Corporation's comic book based on his adventures is portraying him as a coward, so he decides to write and draw the comic himself. As he writes the comic, he gets continually distracted and, as a result, Gosalyn, Launchpad, Binkie Muddlefoot, and even Megavolt all make their own modifications to the story. He eventually gets the book finished, but when he shows it to the publisher, it's rejected, so he decides to instead sell the comic to the Walt Disney Company.
Home video releases
- Darkwing Duck: Comic Book Capers
- Darkwing Duck: Volume 1
- Mickey Mouse is mentioned in this episode by Launchpad about how Darkwing is having his own comic book like Mickey. (Ironically, the current Mickey Mouse comic book at the time, Mickey Mouse Adventures, got cancelled around the time this episode aired.)
- The comic book panels shown in this episode depict Darkwing's outfit as being colored black instead of purple. This is possibly a nod to how, in the Donald Duck comics, Donald's sailor suit is usually colored black instead of the usual blue.
- At the end, Darkwing discusses having his comic book published by Disney - a meta-reference to Disney publishing their own comics at the time.
- The original title of the episode was "Comic Book Classics".
- When Drake returns to the attic and yells "Are you reading my comic book?!", he's wearing his Darkwing apparel in the shot. He goes back to wearing his normal clothing in the next shot he's in.