Clover is the pet lop rabbit and best animal friend of Sofia whom he helps by making her life in the kingdom. Though this mainly means dressing her and keeping her room clean with his friends Whatnaught, Mia and Robin, he also advises and cheers Sofia up with his friends as well. He encourages Sofia as she tries to be a good princess. This leads to the two becoming close friends, revealing that Clover isn't just for cuddles and laughs, having his own complex character.
While he looks cute, he hates to cuddle, except during tender moments, but he does love snacks. Although he complained about Amber's bragging, he sometimes finds himself bragging about his "good looks" or "charm." He especially prides himself on being a top woodland creature, making him become easily offended when other animals point out his luxurious lifestyle. Though seeming to be just silly and lazy, Clover is very sensitive when his feelings are hurt. As revealed in "Bunny Swap" Clover's gotten so used to having a life of luxary that he takes it for granted.
- He hates to be cuddled, but he is shown to be hugging and being hugged in the episode "Finding Clover." He also had jumped into Sofia's arms in "Blue Ribbon Bunny." This marks tender moments as exceptions.
- In the episode, "Once Upon a Princess", Amber said that Clover used to do her chores for her, as he now does for Sofia.
- He seems aware of the story of the Swan Princess, more precisely the Tchaikovksy Ballet Swan Lake.
- He also seems to know about Naveen and Tiana's story as well. However, he could have been referring to previous frog princesses - Tiana saw a version of the tale at Charlotte's house, just as Belle read a version of the story that would become her own.
- In the episodes "Blue Ribbon Bunny" and "Sofia the Second", Clover appears to know Break Dancing.