"Close But No Cigar" is the first segment of the thirtieth episode of 101 Dalmatians: The Series. It aired on September 25, 1997.
At the county fair, Cruella attempts to rig a sweepstakes to get herself to win with ticket #202, though Horace accidentally sold her ticket to Nanny. The pups, meanwhile, get left behind and must get to the fair to return Nanny her ticket.
- Cruella is voiced by Tress MacNeille (who also voices Spot's mother, Cornelia) in this episode instead of April Winchell.
- Ed also appears in "Alive N' Chicken" as the referee at the De Vil High football game.
- When Rolly practices for the pie-eating contest, he consumes the pies in a similar fashion to Pac-Man.
- When the Dalmatians, Horace and Jasper land in some pie dishes, Rolly is on the same belt line as Horace and Jasper. However, he is on the Dalmatian's belt line in the next scene (possibly a fork in the belt lines).
- Lucky mentions this episode in "Watch for Falling Idols", when he talks about meeting Thunderbolt at the Gruteley County fair.
- In "Invasion of the Doggy Snatchers", Spot seems to have a photo taken at this county fair.
- Spot mentions a chicken on a milk carton. Three pullets are shown to be on said milk carton in "Invasion of the Doggy Snatchers".
- Nanny's ticket number is 202, most likely because it's twice 101.