Claws seems to act like everyone else at Monsters, Inc., though he does sometimes get emotional. His scare tactic is to extend his claws and growl.
Claws appears on the Scare Floor in Monsters, Inc. and the sushi restaurant. On the Scare Floor, he runs out of a door screaming because the 6-year old girl he was trying to scare almost touched him. He then proceeds to cry while his assistant calls in a door shredder, making that door the 58th lost in the week.
While watching Mike's company play, "Put That Thing Back Where It Came From Or So Help Me," he gets emotional during Mike's singing and starts crying, to which his assistant slaps him and says, "Keep it together, man!" (like how he did earlier in the film when Claws was crying because the kid got close to him).
Although Claws does not physically appear in the prequel, his picture can be seen on a Scare Card during the credits. It is also revealed in Monsters University that he graduated from Fear Tech and formerly worked at Fear Co.
- Claws has also appeared in Monsters, Inc. Scream Arena for Nintendo GameCube as 1 of 5 available playable characters.
- He also appeared in the On Ice version of Monsters, Inc.
- As Claws runs out of the door, the "Killin' Paul Bunyan" poster from Sid's room in Toy Story can be seen before he slams the door shut.
- According to his scare card, he idolized Carla "Killer Claws" Benitez.
- His surname, Ward, could be a possible reference to either Jay Ward or Jim Ward.
- Claws' real name, Pete, could be a reference to Pete Docter.
- According to his Scare Card, he is 6'4" (193 cm), weighs 680 pounds (308 kg), and was born on May 5th in Shockholm.
- If you listen closely when Claws opens the door containing the girl he failed to scare, you can hear a rock music. It's implied the girl has some extreme behavior.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Pixar Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of the Pixar Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA license.|