Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Isabella: So, Phineas, what do you think of the City of Love?
Phineas: I wish it was the City of Airplane Parts...
Isabella: Oh, you're just too stressed! You should take a moment to relax and enjoy it.
We could share a crêpe sucrée
At this Parisian café
Phineas: Huh, that awning could be used as a sail. Or, you know, a parachute, depending on how things go.
Isabella: Take a break and smell these flowers
Underneath the Eiffel Tower
Phineas: I wonder if they still have pieces of that hanging around? The rivets would come in handy.
Isabella: Oh, Phineas...
Won't you share a crème brûlée with me?
Phineas: Hey, look at that nifty little blow torch!
Isabella: How perfect could this be
In the City of Love?
Couples: (In the City of Love)
Isabella: In the City of Love
Ferb: (In the City of Love)
Isabella: We could try some fancy cheese
Or peruse the galleries
Phineas: I wonder if oil-based paint is combustible...as a rocket fuel.
Isabella: Isn't this a perfect day?
How do I look in this beret?
Phineas: Oh, that reminds me, we might need helmets!
Isabella: Oh, how can he not feel the same way
When we're strolling down the Champs-Élysées
In the City of Love?
Lady: (In the City of Love)
Couples: In the City of Love
Isabella: I wish that he would whisper "ma chérie, je t'aime"
But all he wants to do is try to fix that plane
In the City of Love
Artist: (In the City of Love)
Isabella: In the City of Love (in the City of Love)
In the City of Love.... (in the City of Love)
- First song in which Isabella is the main singer.
- A crêpe sucrée is a sweetened dessert similar to a pancake.
- A crème brûlée is a dessert made of custard and caramelized sugar. The sugar is often caramelized with a small torch shortly before serving.
- The only difference between the broadcast version and the soundtrack version is that Ferb nor the painter sing in the soundtrack, and were replaced by the usual chorus voices.
- This song could be related to Sally's Song in the 1993 movie "The Nightmare Before Christmas", as both Sally F. Skellington and Isabella try to get the other's feelings, but they both fail.
- Champs-Élysées is a famous street in Paris. The Arc de Triomphe can be seen in the background, a famous landmark on this street.
- "Ma chérie, je t'aime" translates to English as "My darling, I love you."
- Nitpicker's Guide: Je t'aime properly rhymes with the letter M, not plane.
- "We could try some fancy cheese" is a reference to France being famous for its cheeses.
- A Beret is a traditional hat associated with France. It is also the type of hat Isabella and the Fireside Girls (except Melissa) wear as part of their uniform.
- The background colors go from bright to muted as well as hearts and broken hearts throughout the song, perhaps to reflect how Isabella is feeling as the song goes on.
- A mime can be seen in two scenes releasing a red balloon into the air, possibly paying homage to the popular French short film, Le Ballon Rouge (English: The Red Balloon). Another mime is seen just before Follow the Sun is sung. It is unknown if they are the same mime.
- The scene where Vanessa drives Ferb on a motorcycle is similar to a scene in Ratatouille, when Colette and Linguini were driving romantically through the streets of Paris.
- Ferb's line, "In The City of Love," was sung in a low voice. It is similar to Ferb's line in Gitchee Gitchee Goo, "Baby, baby, baby," because it was also a low note.
- After the painter shows his painting to Isabella, Phineas stares at the famous Parisian cabaret, "Le Moulin Rouge".
- Fromagerie is incorrectly spelled as Fromageria on a shop window.
- The painter is seen again in Give Up in the Season 3 episode "Last Train to Bustville".
- An instrumental of this song is heard in "Buford Confidential" while Buford Van Stomm is walking with Brigitte in Paris, France.
- This song was nominated for the 2nd Cliptastic Countdown. It would be the #5 song, losing to Brand New Best Friend in Round 2.
- At the beginning of the last verse when Phineas and Isabella approach the fountain, Isabella is suddenly smiling despite being upset and sad. She is frowning again in the next shot.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the The Phineas and Ferb Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of The Phineas and Ferb Wiki is available under the CC-by-SA Free Documentation License.|