Chip an' Dale was directed by Jack Hannah and features original music by Oliver Wallace. The voice cast includes Clarence Nash as Donald and Jimmy MacDonald and Dessie Flynn as Chip and Dale respectively.
Donald Duck, while staying in a rustic winter cabin, gets out of bed to collect firewood for a fire. He chops down a small topped tree which happens to be the winter home of the chipmunks Chip and Dale who follow him back to the cabin. After Donald places the log in the fireplace, lights it, and is warming himself by the fire, the chipmunks sneak in behind his back, extinguish the fire, and blatantly carry the log out of the cabin in front of Donald. A slightly amused Donald easily takes it from them as they leave the cabin.
The chipmunks later climb the roof and throw snowballs down the chimney in order to extinguish Donald's fire. Donald climbs up the chimney, rolls the chipmunks into a snowball and rolls them off the roof.
Chip climbs a steep hill directly in front of the front door of Donald's cabin and rolls a snowball down the hill. Dale knocks on the door to get Donald to answer. As the snowball rolls down the hill, it gets bigger and gains momentum. Finally Donald answers the door just as the massive snowball hits.
Chip and Dale then retrieve their log, and as they are leaving, Dale takes an opportunity to kick Donald as he is helplessly embedded in the snow having his rear exposed.
- Walt Disney Presents, episode #5.18: "Duck Flies Coop"
- Good Morning, Mickey, episode #13
- Mickey's Mouse Tracks, episode #76
- Donald's Quack Attack, episode #58
- Treasures from the Disney Vault, December 21, 2014
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: Chip 'n' Dale (with Donald Duck)
- Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald, Volume 3
- Walt Disney's Classic Cartoon Favorites: Starring Chip 'n' Dale
- Chip 'n' Dale Volume 1: Here Comes Trouble