In San Francisco, Chad meets Kelly and the two eventually fall in love and get engaged. However, one day close to their wedding, Kelly, who now remembers her past life as Zelena, reveals that she is still in love with Chad and is reluncant to lie to him.
After Zelena returns to Hyperion Heights, Chad calls her multiple times and leaves her a few messages, but she, unsure what to tell him, doesn't pick up.
Chad calls Zelena on their anniversary and tells her he misses her, but she ignores his call once more. Later on, Chad is lured to Hyperion Heights by Nick, who poses as a doctor from New York City and lies to him about Zelena getting into a cycling accident. After kidnapping Chad, Nick calls Kelly through Chad's number and tells her that if she ever wants to see Chad again, she will do exactly what he says.
After Nick has Chad moved to the basement of Roni's, Zelena finds him, only for Nick to try and kill her. She overpowers him, but instead of killing him with his knife, she declares she's not that person anymore and knocks him unconscious. Zelena then frees Chad and confesses mostly everything, including who she really is. Instead of returning the ring, Chad tells her that, when he proposed to her, he signed up for everything, including the things he didn't know and that whoever she was as Zelena, she's different now. The two reconcile with a kiss, and the police arrive to arrest Nick. As she and Chad are going back to San Francisco, Kelly says her goodbyes to Roni and Margot.
- "The Eighth Witch" (Mentioned only)
- "A Taste of the Heights" (Mentioned only)
- "Breadcrumbs" (Mentioned only)
- "Chosen" (First appearance)
- The relationship between Chad and Zelena is the complete opposite of the relationship between Oscar and Theodora. Whereas Theodora's love for Oscar was one-sided, Zelena's love for Chad was mutual. Also, while Theodora came to despise Oscar after eating an apple given to her by her sister that turned her into the Wicked Witch of the West, Chad came to accept Zelena for who she is and the two remained engaged.