Ceratosaurus, meaning "Horned Lizard" in reference to the large bony protrusion on its nose, was a medium-sized theropod dinosaur from the Late Jurassic Period.
Three Ceratosaurus made an appearance near of the end of the segment, attacking a group of Brontosaurus and Stegosaurus trapped in the mud pit, likely with the intention of eating them. One Ceratosaurus made a cameo walking with a Parasaurolophus after the Tyrannosaurus Rex collapsed of dehydration. It was one of many starving and dehydrated at the end of the scene, forced to extinction by the endless drought.
- The Ceratosaurs seen in Fantasia strangely did not have any teeth. They also did not have horns over their eyes like the real Ceratosaurus.
- Ceratosaurus was a distant relative of Carnotaurus, as they shared a common ancestor.
- Ceratosaurus is known from both North America and Portugal in the Morrison and Lourinha formations, respectively.
- Stegosaurus and Ceratosaurus, having lived at the same time and in the same place during the Jurassic, were natural enemies.
- Ceratosaurus is believed by some to have been an excellent swimmer thanks to its strong tail.