Ceratosaurus, meaning "Horned Lizard" in reference to the large bony protrusion on its nose, was a medium-sized theropod dinosaur from the Late Jurassic Period.
Three Ceratosaurus made an appearance near of the end of the segment, attacking a group of Brontosaurus and Stegosaurus trapped in the mud pit, likely with the intention of eating them. One Ceratosaurus made a cameo walking with a Parasaurolophus after the Tyrannosaurus Rex died of dehydration. It was one of many dinosaurs dying of starvation and dehydration at the end of the scene, forced to extinction by the endless drought.
- The Ceratosaurs seen in Fantasia strangely did not have any teeth. They also did not have horns over their eyes like the real Ceratosaurus.
- Ceratosaurus was a distant relative of Carnotaurus, as they shared a common ancestor.
- Ceratosaurus is known from both North America and Portugal in the Morrison and Lourinha formations, respectively.
- Stegosaurus and Ceratosaurus, having lived at the same time and in the same place during the Jurassic, were natural enemies.
- Ceratosaurus is believed by some to have been an excellent swimmer thanks to its strong tail.