Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- “From this moment, everything will change.”
"Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) is suddenly pushed out of the sport he loves. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young race technician with her own plan to win, inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet, and a few unexpected turns. Proving that #95 isn’t through yet will test the heart of a champion on Piston Cup Racing’s biggest stage!"
Michael Wallis said on August 17, 2013 that the film would include Route 99 in California, while John Lasseter said during the Tokyo International Film Festival that a Citroën 2CV will appear in the film as a reference to Hayao Miyazaki's movie Lupin the 3rd: The Castle of Cagliostro in a form of an old.
According to the 2015 São Paulo Disney Expo, the film's release was to be in 2018. On July 20, 2015, while being interviewed by Autoweek, Lasseter stated that the film's release should be summer 2018 or 2019. On October 8, 2015, it was confirmed to be June 16, 2017.
The first concept images were released by USA Today on May 30, 2016. Director Brian Fee also gave some info on the characters and plot.
"Cruz Ramirez is trying to figure out how this old dog can learn some new tricks," says Fee.
"Think of where he'd be in his career now in real time," says Fee. "(McQueen) is not an old man, but he's one of the older cars on the circuit with new rookies coming in. People start to wonder and ask when he might retire."
On November 21st the first teaser trailer for the film was released. It showed McQueen about to have a horrific crash, like the one that forced the end of Doc Hudson's Career.
- Owen Wilson as Lightning McQueen
- TBA as Cruz Ramirez 
- TBA as Jackson Storm
- Larry the Cable Guy as Mater
- Bonnie Hunt as Sally Carrera 
- Cheech Marin as Ramone
- Paul Dooley as Sarge
- Michael Keaton as Chick Hicks
- John Ratzenberger as Mack
- This is the first Cars film to not be directed by John Lasseter.
- This will be the final film written by Daniel Gerson, as he died in 2016.
- ↑ Disney Studios LA Twitter (9:00 AM - 31 May 2016 Tweet)
- ↑ IMDb Full Crew
- ↑ Disney Plans Third 'Cars,' 'The Incredibles 2'
- ↑ Incredibles Animated Sequel
- ↑ Michael Wallis confirms there will be a "Cars 3"
- ↑ John Lasseter Hails Hayao Miyazaki, Japan and the Joy of Juxtaposition
- ↑ 'Cars 3' and 'Incredibles 2' Slated For 2018 and 2019 Release Dates?
- ↑ Pixar Motorama is the coolest car show you've never heard of
- ↑ Disney Announces Release Dates for 'Incredibles 2,' 'Cars 3'
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 USA Today article
- ↑ Pixar boss John Lasseter: Cars 3 is 'very emotional,' closer in tone to Cars 1
- ↑ Larry The Cable Guy Twitter (9:59 AM - 8 May 2016 Tweet)
- ↑ After playing on-screen dad to Molly, Helen and Julia, Paul Dooley gets to play himself
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
|Disney theatrical animated features|