- “From this moment, everything will change.”
"Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) is suddenly pushed out of the sport he loves. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young race technician with her own plan to win, inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet, and a few unexpected turns. Proving that #95 isn't through yet will test the heart of a champion on Piston Cup Racing’s biggest stage!"
- Owen Wilson as Lightning McQueen
- Armie Hammer as Jackson Storm
- Cristela Alonzo as Cruz Ramirez
- Larry the Cable Guy as Mater
- Bonnie Hunt as Sally Carrera
- Cheech Marin as Ramone
- Michael Wallis as Sheriff
- Paul Dooley as Sarge
- John Ratzenberger as Mack
- Michael Keaton as Chick Hicks
- Richard Petty as Strip Weathers
- Jeff Gordon as Jeff Gorvette
- Darrell Waltrip as Darrell Cartrip
- Chase Elliott as Chase Racelott
- Daniel Suárez as Danny Swervez
- Ryan Blaney as Ryan "Inside" Laney
- Darrell "Bubba" Wallace Jr. as Bubba Wheelhouse
- Kyle Petty as Cal Weathers
- Shannon Spake as Shannon Spokes
- H. A. Wheeler as Tex Dinoco
- Ray Evernham as Ray Reverham
- Mike Joy as Mike Joyride
- TBA as Smokey
- TBA as Natalie Certain
- TBA as Sterling Sliver
- TBA as Miss Fritter
Michael Wallis said on August 17, 2013 that the film would include Route 99 in California, while John Lasseter said during the Tokyo International Film Festival that a Citroën 2CV will appear in the film as a reference to Hayao Miyazaki's movie Lupin the 3rd: The Castle of Cagliostro in a form of an old.
According to the 2015 São Paulo Disney Expo, the film's release was to be in 2018. On July 20, 2015, while being interviewed by Autoweek, Lasseter stated that the film's release should be summer 2018 or 2019. On October 8, 2015, it was confirmed to be June 16, 2017.
The first concept images were released by USA Today on May 30, 2016. Director Brian Fee also gave some info on the characters and plot.
"Cruz Ramirez is trying to figure out how this old dog can learn some new tricks," says Fee.
"Think of where he'd be in his career now in real time," says Fee. "(McQueen) is not an old man, but he's one of the older cars on the circuit with new rookies coming in. People start to wonder and ask when he might retire."
On November 21st, the first teaser trailer for the film was released and it showed McQueen about to have a horrific crash, like the one that forced the end of Doc Hudson's career.
On January 9th, Disney released the first trailer during the College Football Playoffs.
- This is the only Cars film to not be directed by John Lasseter.
- This is the first Pixar film to be directed by Brian Fee.
- This will be the final film written by Daniel Gerson, as he died in 2016.
- In the teaser trailer, the viewer can actually see a cloudy glimpse of the front of one of the race cars, when the announcer says "McQueen is fading-fading fast!"
- This is the first Cars film not to have a main antagonist with a green color outline.
- ↑ Disney Studios LA Twitter (9:00 AM - 31 May 2016 Tweet)
- ↑ IMDb Full Crew
- ↑ 
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 USA Today article
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Cars 3 first look: Meet Pixar's new millennials
- ↑ Larry The Cable Guy Twitter (9:59 AM - 8 May 2016 Tweet)
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Michael Wallis confirms there will be a "Cars 3"
- ↑ After playing on-screen dad to Molly, Helen and Julia, Paul Dooley gets to play himself
- ↑ Cars 3 "Lightning Strikes" Extended Look
- ↑ Disney UA on Twitter
- ↑ 11.00 11.01 11.02 11.03 11.04 11.05 11.06 11.07 11.08 11.09 11.10 11.11 "'Cars 3' gears up for season-long ride with NASCAR".. NASCAR (February 23, 2017). Retrieved on February 24, 2017.
- ↑ https://youtu.be/HUbHEp_FMIo
- ↑ Disney Plans Third 'Cars,' 'The Incredibles 2'
- ↑ Incredibles Animated Sequel
- ↑ John Lasseter Hails Hayao Miyazaki, Japan and the Joy of Juxtaposition
- ↑ 'Cars 3' and 'Incredibles 2' Slated For 2018 and 2019 Release Dates?
- ↑ Pixar Motorama is the coolest car show you've never heard of
- ↑ Disney Announces Release Dates for 'Incredibles 2,' 'Cars 3'
- ↑ Pixar boss John Lasseter: Cars 3 is 'very emotional,' closer in tone to Cars 1
- ↑ "Sneak peek: Pixar's new 'Lou' short tackles playground bullying", USA Today (February 1, 2017). Retrieved on February 3, 2017.
- ↑ McAloon, Alissa (January 24, 2017). "Disney Infinity dev revived and re-opened by Warner Bros.".. Retrieved on January 25, 2017.
|Disney theatrical animated features|