Marvel officially confirmed the film on April 7, 2014 after a three-hundred million dollar gross in the opening weekend box office for The Winter Soldier. The Russo Brothers returned for the third installment as directors alongside writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
Following the events of Avengers: Age of Ultron, the collective governments of the world pass an act designed to regulate all superhuman activity. This polarizes opinion amongst the Avengers, causing two factions to side with Iron Man or Captain America, which causes an epic battle between former allies.
- Chris Evans as Captain America/Steve Rogers
- Robert Downey, Jr. as Iron Man/Tony Stark
- Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow/Natasha Romanoff
- Sebastian Stan as Winter Soldier/Bucky Barnes
- Anthony Mackie as The Falcon/Sam Wilson
- Don Cheadle as James Rhodes/War Machine
- Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye/Clint Barton
- Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther/T'Challa
- Paul Bettany as Vision
- Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff
- Paul Rudd as Ant-Man/Giant-Man/Scott Lang
- Emily VanCamp as Agent 13/Sharon Carter
- Tom Holland as Spider-Man/Peter Parker
- Frank Grillo as Crossbones/Brock Rumlow
- William Hurt as Thaddeus Ross
- Daniel Brühl as Helmut Zemo
- Martin Freeman as Everett Ross
- Marisa Tomei as Aunt May
- John Slattery as Howard Stark
- Hope Davis as Maria Stark
- John Kani as King T'Chaka
- Kerry Condon as F.R.I.D.A.Y.
- Stan Lee as a Fed-Ex driver
- Florence Kasumba as Ayo
Trailers and Clips
- April 27, 2016 (Colombia)
- April 28, 2016 (Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Peru, Portugal)
- April 29, 2016 (Spain, Venezuela)
- May 4, 2016 (Uruguay)
- May 5, 2016 (Argentina)
- May 6, 2016 (Canada)
- The containment unit that Bucky is held in is number "D23", which is the name of the Disney Fan Club.
- Bucky loses his arm in this film, which happens in almost all of Marvel's Phase Two films as their homage to The Empire Strikes Back.
- This is the highest grossing film of the entire Captain America trilogy.
- Bruce Banner/Hulk was originally gonna be in the film, in the end credits scene but was cut out as they ultimately felt it was too much of a spoiler, although he was technically in the movie as in a scene when Thunderbolt Ross was showing footage from the Battle of New York, Hulk was jumping from building to building causing debris to fall and hit people. He was also mentioned.
- Thor Odinson was not in the film, but mentioned alongside Bruce Banner/Hulk.
- ↑ http://variety.com/2014/film/news/anthony-joe-russo-captain-america-3-1201073078/ Directors Confirmation