- “I've been planning this since I was ten!”
- ―Candace Flynn
"Candace's Big Day" is an episode of the animated series Phineas and Ferb.
Agent P must stop Dr. Doofenshmirtz from spraying a partially hydrogenated coconut oil and corn syrup concoction over the entire Tri-State Area to turn lean meats, whole grains, fruits and vegetables into junk food. Meanwhile, Candace is elated at the prospect of being the maid of honor at Aunt Tiana and Uncle Bob's wedding, but when it gets moved to the Flynn's backyard, Phineas and Ferb's creative touches including a massive ice sculpture, threaten to steal the attention from Candace.
Linda Flynn's sister Tiana and her boyfriend Bob are visiting the Flynn-Fletcher home sharing a scrapbook of their vacations to South America and Africa. Bob states that he wants to go with someone else on the next trip to the Galapagos -- his wife. He proposes to Tiana right there and then in the living room, and she accepts.
After Phineas states that it was corny but effective, Linda asks if they will get married in the Galapagos, but Candace insists that Aunt Tiana told her that she could be the bridesmaid and selfishly asks "what about my needs." Linda is shocked at her daughter's behavior, but Tiana says that Candace is right and agrees that they could get married in the courthouse before they leave. Candace once again objects, stating that they should have a real wedding -- in the backyard.
Linda points out that Candace can't plan a real wedding in a day, but Candace says she has been planning it since she was ten. When Candace tells her mom and aunt to leave for manicures, Tiana suggests Phineas and Ferb could help. Candace objects, fearing that the boys will go in the wrong direction, however Tiana assures her she could steer them in the right direction. After making some phone calls, Candace tells Phineas and Ferb to plan the grand entrance and Phineas questions where Perry is.
Perry enters his lair via an passage behind the giant monitor. Now seated, he is informed by Major Monogram that Danville is experiencing a shortage of healthy food while someone is buying up a lot of unhealthy food additives. Monogram thinks that this has Dr. Doofenshmirtz written all over it, and by that he apparently means a picture of the evil scientist autographed several times.
Doofenshmirtz plans to keep all the healthy food while everyone else is unhealthy thanks to his latest -inator. Unfortunately, Doofenshmirtz doesn't like the taste of fresh vegetables so he dunks it in additives to make it taste better. This causes him to get unhealthy as he eats heavily glazed veggies and uses up the fuel for his device. He thinks about refilling the vats, but instead passes out in one of the vats.
Candace is in the kitchen juggling phone calls when she is distracted by Phineas shouting outside. After seeing the Fireside Girls parachute into the backyard as a trial-run for the actual grand entrance, Candace tells Phineas to get the flowers instead while she orders the cake. She then tells them to "just do it!" Phineas is impressed with Candace's management skills and thinks that she should do his wedding, a fact Isabella notes.
Candace, trying to do all the arrangements herself, grows more frustrated. Phineas and Ferb show her the wedding flowers, giant Venus fly traps from Tiana and Bob's adventures. After one of them tries to swallow her head for several seconds, she screams at her mother via phone. Candace asks them to just get some ice, simple normal ice for a simple normal wedding, and lists a bunch of things not to do.
Phineas and Ferb build a gigantic ice sculpture with all their adventures on it, including an ice slide and a scorpion whose tail shoots sparkling apple cider. The cake arrives, but it's a mash-up of meats over a cage with a live-chicken in it. Even Candace's hair and make-up is ruined. Just then, Mom and Tiana return home, and while Linda checks on the men, Candace brings Tiana into the backyard to get the boys in trouble. Instead, Tiana loves everything, even the cake and Candace's hair.
Perry chatters to wake up Doofenshmirtz, who escapes his trap by being so fit. However, Doofenshmirtz had enough grease drip off his face to refill his machine. He fires his beam, which melts the giant ice sculpture down so that it looks like Bob and Tiana, causing it to snow and sending the scorpion crashing into his -inator. Instead of a showdown battle, though, Doofenshmirtz is crippled by an upset stomach.
Tiana asks what happened to the ice sculpture, but Phineas and Ferb sing a song for Tiana about to walk down the aisle to Bob. Once the song is over, Linda asks Candace where the justice of the peace is. An irritated Candace pulls out her cell phone and starts making a call....
Second verse of Wedding Adventure.
I know what we're gonna do today
The "Too Young" Line
Delivery Guy: Aren't you a little young to be a wedding planner?
Candace: No! slams door No, I'm not.
Ferb: They say the step you're about to take is the beginning of your greatest adventure yet.
Phineas: A little corny there, Bro.
Ferb also sings most of the lines in Wedding Adventure.
Hey, where's Perry?
Phineas: Looking to Ferb Okay, I guess we can make a entrance that's kinda grand. (After thinking for a second) So, have you seen Perry?
Perry's entrance to his lair
Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
Phineas: Where are you going next?
Tiana: The Galapagos. We leave tomorrow.
Candace: They're going to build some sort of wedding rocket to the moon! Or a Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Taffeta!
Aunt Tiana: Well, you steer the boys in the right direction. And have fun, okay?
Major Monogram: This has Doofenshmirtz written all over it. (a picture of Doofenshmirtz, signed many times, appears on the screen) We have no idea why he signed it that many times.
Phineas: Referring to Candace Wow, she's good. I've got to have her plan my wedding. Ferb, make a note.
Isabella: I got it!
Candace: Why would I want my cake in a vase? Oh, you're the florist, not the baker.
Doofenshmirtz: (annoyed, waits for the elevator to stop on his floor, as it continues to stop on every indivisual floor. He finally gets to his floor and into his home, seeing Perry reading a magazine.) You could've at least gotten into your trap. It's on the table. Look, I appreciate you trying to mix it up, but I have a schedule to keep. Ready? Behold: The Junk-Food-Inator! It uses high-fructose corn syrup and highly carbonated coconut oil to turn any kind of vegetables into toasty, warm junk food! And I will be the only one left eating decent, healthy foods, like these delicious brocolis. (eats brocoli) The only problem is, I'm not quite used to the taste. I'm used to eating the-the junk. (dips brocoli into containers) I'll just dip it in here. (eats) Oh, this is much better! I could eat this all day! I can feel myself getting healthier!
Linda's phone rings, she picks it up. Candace, on the other end, is screaming hysterically. Linda hangs up and turns to Tiana.
Linda: So, are you and Bob thinking of having kids?
Candace: Look at this cake! It has a chicken in it!
Perry chatters then Doofenshmirtz wakes up.
Doofenshmirtz: Wait, what, who am I? Oh, it's me! Perry the Platypus, how did you free yourself?
- Isabella intercepts Ferb making a note about Phineas's wedding, obviously intending to be the bride in the future.
- If Phineas's line "I'm gonna have her plan my wedding" is true, he intends on getting married in the future. But to whom he wants to marry remains uncertain.
- Buford, Baljeet and Django Brown make a cameo during the singing of Wedding Adventure.
- This episode confirms that the Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated main building has at least 40 stories. Note: the elevator has buttons going up to 45.
- Candace breaks the fourth wall by looking at the camera and saying "Not you! Don't hang up!"
- First time that Phineas and Ferb's Invention hit Doofenshmirtz' Inator.
- First time that Candace has her hair tied up for almost the entire episode.
- Sixth episode with Candace's name in it ("Lights, Candace, Action!", "Candace Loses Her Head", "Journey to the Center of Candace", "Oil on Candace", "Cheer Up Candace").
- Perry and Doofenshmirtz did some "mixing it up a little". ("Journey to the Center of Candace")
- Linda is wearing the same dress on her anniversary. ("Dude, We're Getting the Band Back Together")
- According to Dan Povenmire, "Tiana is actually named after my sister Tiana. I named Mom after my sister, Linda, and I only felt it was fair to create another character for the other one so she wouldn't feel left out. [The Disney movie] The Princess and the Frog having a Tiana was just a happy accident."
- The Venus fly traps look like the evil plants from "Atlantis".
- Mount Kilimanjaro is mentioned again ("What Do It Do?")
- "Aw, nuts!", the line Adyson says in "Fireside Girl Jamboree", is said again by Candace.
- This is the second time Candace is seen wearing a petticoat, the first time being in "Lights, Candace, Action!".
- Ferb wears the same glasses as in My Ride From Outer Space (from "The Chronicles of Meap").
- Captain Webber is revealed to be the boyfriend of Phineas and Candace's (and Ferb's) aunt. Despite previous notations, he is not yet their uncle as he only just proposes to Tiana at the start of the episode. (Not to mention that given the lack of a Justice of the Peace, they are still not married by episode's end.)
- Described on the Crushable website (formerly the Disney Society) as a "healthy lifestyles episode".
- Candace tells Linda and Tiana to get up-dos and French manicures., but in the wedding, their hair is not tied up at all. Tiana wears a veil with her hair down.
- After Candace puts on her bridesmaid outfit, she has two eyelashes. Later in the episode, she had only one eyelash, however this was probably done on purpose to exaggerate her wedding plans breakdown.
- While Doofenshmirtz Evil Inc. is seen on screen, the little pole in the middle is gone, but the next time it's there again.
- When Candace tells the boys what shouldn't they do, Ferb's shirt's button isn't colored in.
- When Isabella jumps from the helicopter, she is wearing her Fireside Girls uniform, yet when she slides down the ice sculpture with Ginger, she is wearing her signature look, but when "Wedding Adventure" plays, she yet seen again in her uniform, but when "Hamster-chasing" is said, she is seen again in her regular clothes, then when "Your marriage is the adventure of your life" is sung, she is seen in her Fireside Girl clothes yet again.
- Also in the song, while Isabella is bungee-jumping, her top is all orange instead of orange and white, like in "At the Car Wash".
- When the camera zooms in on Doofenshmirtz's hand holding the oil-coated broccoli, his hand is its usual pale color, but when the camera zooms out, it's green again.
- In some shots, the signs that say "Corn Syrup" and "Coconut Oil" are gray instead of yellow.
- Before Doofensmirtz falls asleep, you can see part of his body, but when he wakes up you can't.
- When Dr. Doofenshmirtz is riding in the elevator, the elevator music is Gitchee Gitchee Goo.
- Moments before Perry enters his lair, Monogram is shown singing I'm Lindana and I Wanna Have Fun! .
- The "Vague" magazine Aunt Tiana shows Candace was first seen in the episode "Run Away Runway".
- Candace mentions a 'Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Taffeta', a nod to "Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Terror".
- Tiana is getting married to Captain Bob Webber, who first appeared in "The Lake Nose Monster".
- Indiana Jones - During the song Wedding Adventure, Milly wears an outfit that looks like Indiana Jones' outfit (including a brown leather jacket and fedora) while swapping a golden idol for a weighted sack, mimicking a scene from early in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Right after that, Ginger cracks a bullwhip like one that became Jones' trademark weapon.
- GEICO - Candace states that she doesn't want to save money on car insurance, a reference to a series of commercials in which a person receives a phone call about saving money on car insurance.
- Vogue - Aunt Tiana shows Candace a Vague magazine, a reference to Vogue.
- The Buzz on Maggie - Candace's hairdo and dress are similar to Maggie's look in "Bugtillion".
- Apocalypse Now - This is the second time Candace says, "The horror!" after "Comet Kermillian".
- Harry Houdini - The way Perry escapes from his trap is similar to a Harry Houdini trick.
- Audrey II - In the beginning of the episode, the two are seen running through a jungle of Venus Fly-Traps looking plants. These plants look like Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors.
- The Simpsons - The way Perry presses all the elevator buttons and leave Doofenshmirtz going floor to floor is similar to a prank Bart did when the family went to Washington D.C.
- Vincent Martella as Phineas
- Ashley Tisdale as Candace
- Thomas Sangster as Ferb
- Caroline Rhea as Mom
- Mitchel Musso as Jeremy
- Dan Povenmire as Dr. Doofenshmirtz
- Jeff "Swampy" Marsh as Major Monogram
- Richard O'Brien as Dad
- Dee Bradley Baker as Perry
- Alyson Stoner as Isabella
- John Larroquette as Bob Webber
- Megan Hilty as Aunt Tiana
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the The Phineas and Ferb Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of The Phineas and Ferb Wiki is available under the CC-by-SA Free Documentation License.|