- Weathers grew up around the track watching his uncle, Strip "The King" Weathers, tear it up. The veteran racer finds himself taking a step back to make room for the next generation on the track.
Cal sports a light blue livery, just like his uncle, since he competes for the Dinoco team. He carries the team's logo on his hood, rear fenders and trunk, and has brown eyes. Unlike Strip, Cal has the Lightyear logo on his front fenders, has a black grille, is modeled after standard NASCAR racecars, and his racing number, which is painted white, is 42, close to Strip's number 43.
- Two working names for the Cal include "Hank Weathers" and "Strip Weathers, Jr.".
- Some of the Cal Weathers diecasts have the name Hank Weathers on them; others have Cal Weathers. This error can be found on either the single packaged Cal Weathers diecast or the dual package with Bobby Swift. Likely the Hank Weathers mistake is on earlier made diecasts.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "'Cars 3' gears up for season-long ride with NASCAR".. NASCAR (February 23, 2017). Retrieved on February 24, 2017.
- ↑ Cars 3 Movie Clip - Meet Jackson Storm