- "Buzz Lightyear! The world's greatest superhero, now the world's greatest toy!"
- —A quote from the Buzz Lightyear commercial
Being chased by Sid's dog, Scud, Buzz ducks into the living room where Mr. Phillips is seen sleeping on a recliner, the sight that makes Scud back away. As Buzz sighs in relief, he hears a voice "reporting" from Star Command calling for him. Thinking he can finally rendezvous with Star Command, he opens his wrist communicator, but hears a child's voice representing a responding Buzz, then he looks up to see that the voice is actually coming from the TV on which a commercial is airing. A series of features on a Buzz Lightyear action figure is then screened on the TV, such as the locking wrist communicator, karate-chop action, pulsating laser light, multi-phrase voice simulator, and high-pressure space wings. A message saying "NOT A FLYING TOY" is then displayed, making Buzz realize for the first time that he is just a toy, to his dismay.The commercial closes with the announcement of the Buzz Lightyear action figures being available at all Al's Toy Barn outlets in the Tri-County Area.
- In the film Up, the Grape Soda trademark on the "Ellie Badge" is the same as the one printed on the cans in the commercial.
- The commercial appears to precede a televised bowling tournament (as seen on the reflection of the TV seen on Buzz's helmet) that Mr. Phillips appears to be watching.
- This is a special feature on the Toy Story 10th anniversary DVD.
- In the commercial, it says that the Buzz Lightyear toys are sold at Al's Toy Barn, which is one of the locations in Toy Story 2.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Pixar Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of the Pixar Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA license.|