Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Bourne Co. Music Publishers is an American publisher of sheet music, and one of the largest privately held international music publishers in the world, with over three thousand titles in their catalogue.
Bourne v. Walt Disney Co., 68 F.3d 621 (2d Cir. 1995) legal issue
In 1995, Bourne Co took the Walt Disney Company to court over alleged copyright infringement over (a) "Disney's sale of videocassette recordings featuring Bourne's copyrighted compositions from the motion pictures Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and Pinocchio, and (b) "related to Disney's use of the Compositions in television commercials". The jury rejected Bourne's claim of video copyright infringement, but found in favour of Bourne's claim over the use of the material in TV commercials.
Notable music rights
- "Heigh Ho" (from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)
- "Snow White Fantasy" (Frank Churchill, Larry Morey)
- "Walt Disney Overture" (Frank Erickson)
- "When You Wish Upon A Star" (from Pinocchio)
- "Whistle While You Work" (from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)
- "Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?" (from Three Little Pigs)