(48234 Merkur calendar year)
A young Drossel von Flugel meets with Gedächtnis and tells him about a dream she had involving a human. As a result of her dream, she is believes thats humans and machines could get along if they could simply get through to each other using diplomacy. Gedächtnis informs her, however, that it is no simple task to make peace with humans, and human language is constantly changing. He begins telling her about the origins of human words, as stated by the books left by Drossel's late father, Windstille von Flügel. The episode ends with them both encountering Yurii by surprise.
- Drossel Juno Vierzehntes Heizregister Fürstin von Flügel - Miyuki Kawashō
- Gedächtnis - Toru Okawa
- Yurii- Fumihiko Tachiki
- As seen by the date, the events of Fireball Charming take place 416 years before Fireball, which starts in the year 48650.
- Drossel's different appearance is do to the earlier design model, the Juno XIII. In Fireball Drossel is the Juno XIV.
- Besides the last one mentioned by Gedachtnis, the origins of the words mentioned are in fact true.
- The hand signal Drossle makes to the human (Yurri), is a reference to the Curwen hand gestures from the movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
- The meaning of "docking" as Drossel intends it could be "the mechanism used to connect a computing device with a docking station" or "the process of joining one spacecraft or space station module to another".