Blanky is overly-sensitive and gets upset very easily. He loves snuggling up to the other appliances, as seen in the first movie, although they initially reject him. Toaster eventually warms up to Blanky and they both become fast friends, as do Lampy and Radio. Even Kirby softens up near the end of the film and becomes good friends with Blanky and the other appliances in the film's sequels.
Blanky forms a close friendship with Toaster near the middle of the first movie when he was in danger. Lampy and Radio also start to like and respect Blanky as well. Kirby's feelings toward Blanky don't change much until near the end of the film, but he is kind and loyal to Blanky in the movie's sequels.
- Blanky is voiced by a woman in most foreign dubs, including French, Polish, Italian, Czech, and Japanese. He is also voiced by a man in the Hungarian and Serbian dubs.
- There is a cameo of Blanky and friends in the series The Oz Kids in the episode "Christmas in Oz".
- Blanky is as weak as Toaster is strong, as cowardly as Toaster is brave, and as sensitive as Toaster is tough.
- In the original sketches, Blanky didn't have his knob-like nose.
- Blanky becomes a little less of a coward in the film's sequels, while still keeping his snuggly emotional personality.