Billy Dilley's Super-Duper Subterranean Summer is an American animated television series, premiered on Disney XD in June 3, 2017. It is created and executive produced by Aaron Springer, an animation veteran whose extensive credits include working on SpongeBob SquarePants, Gravity Falls and the current run of Mickey Mouse shorts. Springer was also behind the Adult Swim pilot Korgoth of Barbaria.
The show follows the adventures of Billy Dilley (Aaron Springer), a 7th grader who loves science, and his lab partners, Zeke (Tom Kenny) and Marsha (Catie Wayne), who on summer vacation find themselves trapped in a strange world located in the Earth's core.
In 2015, Merriwether Williams was confirmed in a Twitter post by Vincent Waller as one of the show's writers, whilst Character designer Robertryan Cory announced on his Facebook page he has been working on the series for over a year before the pickup was officially sealed.
Sadly, the show was cancelled after one season of thirteen episodes, probably due to the fact that Disney did not advertise the show well in favor of DuckTales and Big Hero 6: The Series. Also during its run, Disney burned all 13 episodes within a two week span.
- Jessica McKenna was originally going to voice the character Billy Dilley, but was replaced by creator Aaron Springer for unknown reasons.
- Ashley Johnson was originally going to voice Judy, but she was replaced by Sarah-Nicole Robles also for unknown reasons.
- ↑ http://www.disneyabcpress.com/disneyxd/calendar/
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Milligan, Mercedes (March 4, 2016). "Disney XD Announces ‘Billy Dilly’ and ‘Country Club’".. Retrieved on April 30, 2016.
- ↑ Amidi, Amid (July 17, 2014). "Disney TV Inks Deals With Aaron Springer, Jhonen Vasquez, Jesse LeDoux, and Ryan Quincy".. Retrieved on April 30, 2016.
- ↑ "disneytvanimation post". Tumblr (September 24, 2017).