|| "Even miracles take a little time."
This article features media from Disney or its subsidiaries that has yet to be released.
To prevent speculation, please add reliable sources to the unreleased media. Any information that is not backed up by citations may be removed.
IDW Publishing announced on October 8, 2017 that it would publish comic books in 2018 based on the Big Hero 6 animated series. No creative team or release date was announced at the time, as the series was "still in development", but the publishers promised more details in the near future.
This was a surprising move since the Big Hero 6 characters originated in Marvel Comics, created by Steven T. Seagle and Duncan Rouleau and first seen in 1998’s Sunfire & Big Hero 6 #1. The characters had not starred in a comic book series since a 2008 Big Hero 6 miniseries, and last appeared in a small role in the 2012 Amazing Spider-Man storyline “Ends of the Earth.”
Burgeoning writer, Hannah Blumenreich, will lead the new comic series, writing the debut issue with Nicoletta Baldari (Star Wars: Forces of Destiny) providing stylish artwork. The first issue will feature covers by Gurihiru (Gwenpool) and Sophie Campbell (Jem and the Holograms, TMNT).
- This marks one of the few times where Marvel Comics loans out one of its properties to another comic publishing company by virtue of the property being an adaptation rather than the original.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Disney Television Animation News post website=Twitter". Retrieved on September 2, 2018.
- ↑ "Big Hero 6: The Series - Technology Is Unbeatable". Amazon. Retrieved on December 11, 2018.
- ↑ "Disney Television Animation News post". Tumblr. Retrieved on April 18, 2018.
- ↑ "NYCC: IDW to Publish Big Hero 6 Comics". CBR.com. Retrieved on April 27, 2018.
- ↑ "Blumenreich & Baldari Bring BIG HERO 6 to IDW Publishing". COMICOSITY. Retrieved on April 27, 2018.