|Big Hero 6|
|Directed by:|| Don Hall|
|Produced by:||Roy Conli|
|Written by:|| Jordan Roberts|
|Music by:||Henry Jackman|
|Studio:|| Walt Disney Animation Studios|
Walt Disney Pictures
|Distributed by:||Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures|
|Release Date(s):|| November 7, 2014|
February 2015 (UK)
Big Hero 6 is an upcoming 2014 computer-animated superhero film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and based on the Marvel Comics superhero team of the same name. The film is directed by Don Hall, co-director of Winnie the Pooh and Chris Williams co-director of Bolt. It will be the 54th Disney animated feature. Big Hero 6 will be the first Disney animated feature film to feature characters from Marvel Entertainment, which The Walt Disney Company acquired in 2009. The film will be released on November 7, 2014 by Walt Disney Pictures.
A new short film will play before Big Hero 6, called Feast.
From Walt Disney Animation Studios, the team behind Frozen and Wreck-It Ralph, comes Big Hero 6, an action-packed comedy-adventure about the special bond that develops between Baymax (voice of Scott Adsit), a plus-sized inflatable robot, and prodigy Hiro Hamada (voice of Ryan Potter). When a devastating event befalls the city of San Fransokyo and catapults Hiro into the midst of danger, he turns to Baymax and his close friends adrenaline junkie Go Go Tomago (voice of Jamie Chung), neatnik Wasabi (voice of Damon Wayans Jr.), chemistry whiz Honey Lemon (voice of Genesis Rodriguez) and fanboy Fred (voice of T.J. Miller). Determined to uncover the mystery, Hiro transforms his friends into a band of high-tech heroes called Big Hero 6.
Characters and Cast
- Hiro Hamada (voiced by Ryan Potter)
- Baymax (voiced by Scott Adsit)
- Tadashi Hamada (voiced by Daniel Henney)
- Wasabi (voiced by Damon Wayans, Jr.)
- Honey Lemon (voiced by Genesis Rodriguez)
- GoGo Tomago (voiced by Jamie Chung)
- Fred (voiced by T. J. Miller)
- Professor Robert Callaghan (voiced by James Cromwell)
- Aunt Cass Hamada (voiced by Maya Rudolph)
- Alistair Krei (voiced by Alan Tudyk)
- Yokai (TBA)
- Officer Gerson (TBA)
After Disney's acquisition of Marvel Entertainment in 2009, CEO Bob Iger encouraged the company's divisions to explore Marvel's properties for adaptation concepts. While co-directing Winnie the Pooh, director Don Hall choose Big Hero 6 from Marvel's library and later pitched the concept to John Lasseter in 2011, as a possible production for Walt Disney Animation Studios. In June 2012, Disney confirmed that Walt Disney Animation Studios was adapting Marvel Comics' series and that the film was commissioned into early stages of development.
It has been confirmed that Big Hero 6 will be a stand-alone film and have no relationship with the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The film is based on an obscure 1998 series written by Steven T. Seagle and Duncan Roulea. Although Big Hero 6 will be produced solely by Walt Disney Animation Studios, several members of Marvel's creative team will be involved in the film's production including Joe Quesada, Marvel's chief creative officer. Regarding the film's story, Quesada stated, "The relationship between Hiro and his robot has a very Disney flavor to it...but it’s combined with these Marvel heroic arcs". In terms of the film's animation style and settings, the film will combine Eastern Asian culture (predominantly Japanese) with Western culture.
On December 31, 2013, it was reported that Chris Williams had joined Hall as director, while Roy Conli had replaced Kristina Reed as producer.
On January 27, 2014, Disney had announced that Warner Loughlin had joined the project. He was an acting coach for Amy Adams, Ryan Reynolds, Zooey Deschanel and others. It was reported that he will help the project by providing "breathtaking emotions and quality acting" for the characters of Big Hero 6.
Production on the film was completed as of August 11, 2014.
Big Hero 6 will be released on November 7, 2014 in the US and January 30, 2015 in the UK. The teaser trailer was released on May 22, 2014 while the first full trailer arrived on July 15th, 2014. Theatrically, the film will be accompanied by the Walt Disney Animation Studios short, Feast.
- The villain's name, Yokai, means "spirit" or "phantom" in Japanese.
- The film might also draw inspiration from Big Hero 6's mini-series, where Wasabi and Fred first appeared, replacing Silver Samurai and others. Since Disney took Wasabi and Fred as characters of the film, it's likely that Disney also took inspiration from the series' setting: America. This can explain the creation of San Fransokyo.
- The part where Fred likes to make movies about himself in a rubber suit stomping on boxes could've been inspired from his original power: the ability to transform into a giant monster that can stomp down houses.
- Although it is based on a Marvel comic of the same name, there are manga changes, including character names, the setting, the ethnicities of characters, the backstories, and several plot points:
- Several Big Hero 6 characters won't appear in the film due to copyright issues.
- The character known as Wasabi No-Ginger will have his last name officially dropped from the film, and will now be known simply as Wasabi.
- Although based on a Marvel property, Big Hero 6 is not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- ↑ http://www.disney.com/bighero6
- ↑ http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-big-hero-six-synopsis-72280/
- ↑ "Big Hero 6". www.bcdb.com, August 23, 2014
- ↑ http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movies/big-hero-6-disney-animations-first-marvel-movie-gets-new-poster/
- ↑ http://www.rotoscopers.com/2014/01/28/news-big-hero-6-scene-breakdowns-underway/
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/DisneyAnimation/photos/a.105171841854.90778.23245476854/10152556923496855/
|Big Hero 6|
Film: Big Hero 6
Books: Manga | Big Hero 6 Big Golden Book | Big Hero 6 Little Golden Book | Big Hero 6 Chapter Book | Big Hero 6 Junior Novelization | Big Hero 6 Pictureback with Tattoos | Big Hero 6 Step Into Reading | Big Hero 6 Deluxe Step into Reading | The Art of Big Hero 6 | Big Hero 6 Ultimate Sticker Book
Organizations: Big Hero 6 (team)
Locations: San Fransokyo
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at Big Hero 6 (film adaptation). The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|