He later became a member of the Masters of Evil. However, when they went undercover as the superhero team the Thunderbolts, Beetle posed as the high-tech flying hero Mach IV. However, after Baron Zemo's treachery, Jenkins disposed of his identity as the Beetle and fully became Mach IV, now a genuine hero.
Beetle was created by Stan Lee and Carl Burgos.
In the episode "Beetle Mania", he targets the Daily Bugle for J. Jonah Jameson's campaign that exposes the mercenary's criminal dealings with various supervillains (i.e. springing MODOK from prison and dealings with Doctor Doom). When he fights the S.H.I.E.L.D. trainees, Beetle's assassination attempt is stopped by Spider-Man and is knocked out by Power Man, however, Jameson was on monitor renderings the whole time unlike Mary Jane Watson actually being in the office. In the episode "The Attack of the Beetle", Beetle is shown having a penchant for holding grudges against Spider-Man for their previous encounter as well as Phil Coulson for being 'sparring partners'. During his first fight with the two, Beetle decides to use May Parker as a hostage. While May manages to escape, Beetle is eventually beaten by Spider-Man and Coulson (with help from May). In the episode "Hawkeye", Beetle went to destroy the new S.H.I.E.L.D. Tri-Carrier but is defeated and captured by Spider-Man and Hawkeye. In the episode "The Sinister Six", Beetle appeared as a member of the Sinister Six alongside Doctor Octopus, Electro, the Rhino, Kraven the Hunter, and the Lizard. Along with the group, he fought Spider-Man. When the S.H.I.E.L.D. trainees arrive, Beetle fights with Nova but is defeated by Iron Fist after Spider-Man's teammates switch opponents and is later detained in S.H.I.E.L.D. custody. In the episode "Agent Venom", Beetle is hired by Taskmaster to obtain a sample of the Venom symbiote, leading to a fight with Spider-Man and then Agent Venom. While Spider-Man deals with Taskmaster, Beetle is eventually defeated by Agent Venom. In the episode "New Warriors", Beetle is among the escaped supervillains along with Doc Ock, the Scorpion, and the Green Goblin during a showdown between Taskmaster's team and the New Warriors. Along with his fellow supervillains, Beetle is eventually defeated by the New Warriors. In the episode "Contest of Champions" Pt. 1, Beetle - alongside Abomination and Executioner - are sent by Grandmaster to obtain Spider-Man for the contest against Collector.
Power and Abilities
- Beetle Armor: Beetle possesses a armored high-tech suit that resembles a beetle which rivals Iron Man's armor.It have the unusually large amount of fold-out rocket launchers hidden all over the surface of his armor.
- Superhuman Strength: The Beetle has enough superhuman strength to overpower Spider-man and his team. He was able to throw Spider-man though some walls in a restaurante. HE is strong enough to easily break though multiple layers of solid concrete.
- Superhuman Mobility: He is still able to perform acrobatic maneuvers, despite him donning a bulky high-tech armor. His speed is such that he took downs a few S.H.I.E.L.D. agents within a few seconds, even though he was in camouflage mode at the time.
- Superhuman Durability: His armor is incredibly durable. He is impervious to ballistic lazer attacks. He was very resilient to physical attack from Spider-man, due to his armored hyde.
- Weapons Systems: His armored suit has many hidden weapons system, which makes him intimidate any foe he faces.
- Fold-out rocket launchers
- Energy beam gauntlets
- Heat-seeking missiles
- Flight: He has a jet-propulsion system on his suit, which he uses for levitation or high speed flying.
- Camouflage: He has been seen using camouflage mode, while attacking the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents in the tricarrier development site as well as used it to aid in his escape. 
- Retractable Blades: He has shown retractable blades, while going toe-to-toe with Phil Coulson. He even has them on his wrists, which he has used many times to attack Spider-man, or cut off his webbing.
|This page uses content from the Marvel Animated Universe Wiki The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with DisneyWiki, the text of MAUWiki is available under the CC-by-SA Free Documentation License.|